2017 Coon Carnage Count....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    Here's 14 from one night. Send me something good for a prize smart! 308 now.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's what I'm talkin bout! Nice haul!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      Here's 14 from one night. Send me something good for a prize smart! 308 now.
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Man! How did you get that much?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
        Man! How did you get that much?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
        Small varmint contest and spotlighted a good amount of acreage

Comment

Hey guys whats the general consensus on setting up these duke's on either a t-post or small tree? I saw a couple chain methods, anyone use a heavier gauge cable from lowes or somewhere like that?? Sorry I couldn't read through 7 pages...

Comment

I use swing chain like in the OP pictures. Haven't tried anything else, just remember they are smart and their hands can pretty much do what yours can (untie, unscrew, pull).

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
              Hey guys whats the general consensus on setting up these duke's on either a t-post or small tree? I saw a couple chain methods, anyone use a heavier gauge cable from lowes or somewhere like that?? Sorry I couldn't read through 7 pages...

Tposts are fine as long as its part of a fence or you have something to keep them from climbing to the top of it and pulling it over the top. Same thing with a tree. Needs branches to stop them from climbing it and running off with it. This one is connected via bailing wire before we started wit the chain deal.. They broke wire or undit it and we went to the chains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	24485972

Comment

4 so far this year

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Tposts are fine as long as its part of a fence or you have something to keep them from climbing to the top of it and pulling it over the top. Same thing with a tree. Needs branches to stop them from climbing it and running off with it. This one is connected via bailing wire before we started wit the chain deal.. They broke wire or undit it and we went to the chains.
                  Roger that!

Smart are you just using simple swing chain? Also are they not smart enough to unscrew those "carabiners" (not sure there actual name)???

Thanks for all your help by the way.

Comment

2017 Coon Carnage Count....

They have not been able to unscrew the quick links. We hand tighten then and no issues. We use chain from lowes. The have two types that size we use. It's cheap. I prefer this..

Shop Blue Hawk 1-ft Welded Zinc Plated Steel Chain (By-the-Foot) in the Chain & Cable (By-the-Foot) department at Lowe's.com. 0.135-in x 1-ft handy link utility chain.
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-22-2017, 10:50 PM.

Comment

plus 1

Comment

Plus another 314
                        Attached Files

Comment

this thread is full of serious coon killers.

Comment

One more. 315

Comment

I think the ones left here at the house are too smart now. We caught a opossum in a live trap today though.

Comment

First time posting on TBH, just wanted to add to the count, 37 in the past two weeks. Should be 352!!! I'll try to figure out how to post pics later.

Comment

Working...
                                X