2017 Coon Carnage Count....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Coon Carnage Count....

Aight folks....I want this to serve as some motivation for helping saving those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

We have deer, duck and pig threads so lets continue the motivation with a 2017 coon count thread. Some of our guys have already started running a duke coon trap or two while at the lease during youth season or varmint hunting and we ran a few last night at my new local pig spot. We are currently at 7 coons at Christoval (97 since 5/2015) and 2 at HH here in Mountains Spring, Texas. I was utterly surprised at the numbers we put up the past two seasons and figured it would be interesting to see some TBHs totals. Sooo... if you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total. Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up. I'll keep bumping this thread to remind folks to participate. We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer.

I'll start at 9 since 1/1/17 for my two places....all on Duke dogproofs marshmallows and or corn.

Good luck!

I'll start at 9 since 1/1 for my two places. If you have any since 1/1 already post em up
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Smart; 01-23-2017, 11:40 AM.

2 since 1/1/2017

So 11 total

Comment

That's awesome! I have some setup at my NW spot....

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
        2 since 1/1/2017

So 11 total
        How?

Comment

1.....somewhere around the first week of Janny. Got it with a 275/70/18 AT rolling bought 60 mph.

Comment

4 this weekend got caught with their hand in the cookie jar!!! Lol

Comment

They look guilty.

Comment

9 so far for me

Comment

You fellas must be bad at math and reading directions..

25 total and no idea on some of the hows....except CHL...he read some of it evidently..

Comment

SOrry

Comment

I'll just be a spectator since I'm not in a lease this year, unless I get one with the BFGs. This should be a fun thread

Comment

2 so far 1-1. Trapped them using dukes and sardines at the feeders.

27 total

Comment

I've caught 6 so far this year using the wonderful coon cuffs. Why oh why did I not do this sooner. Had one or two that were spinning my feeder way too much. They ain't spinning it any more!

That makes 33.

Comment

In on this
                            Already have 1 in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahahaha get him Dale^^

Comment

Working...
                              X