No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my best one ever. This is a deer we call Slade. Been after him for a while. Hasn’t seen him or go pics of him this year yet. First deer out. this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer STX1911.

I sleeped in today . Gonna give a try at the duck pond.

Comment

My bucks are grouping up and I had a 5yr old eight shed one side last night.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          My bucks are grouping up and I had a 5yr old eight shed one side last night.
          WHAT?? OH geez I hope they don’t all start doing that.

And SouthTX that is a whopper of a Montgomery County buck. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            WHAT?? OH geez I hope they don’t all start doing that.

And SouthTX that is a whopper of a Montgomery County buck. Congratulations.

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
            Nice deer STX1911.

I sleeped in today . Gonna give a try at the duck pond.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Any tracking dogs in the Pennington area. Shoot my spike and blood went cold.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
                Just got my best one ever. This is a deer we call Slade. Been after him for a while. Hasn’t seen him or go pics of him this year yet. First deer out. this morning.

Good deer, congrats!

Comment

STX---
                  Very nice deer! Get any score yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                    STX---
                    Very nice deer! Get any score yet?

Very quickly scored him at 136”. Need to take my time and do it right though.

Comment

Any tracking dogs in the Pennington area. Shoot my spike and blood went cold.
                      No recovery. Looked all morning. Buzzards will point the way tomorrow. I am pretty bummed.

Comment

No recovery. Looked all morning. Buzzards will point the way tomorrow. I am pretty bummed.

Happened to me this year too during archery. Clean pass through had to be double lunged, felt really good about it. I never found the deer and very small amounts of blood. Tough suckers.

Comment

Well right dusk I had a doe come out with a HUGE 8 behind her. Unfortunately there was a limb about 40 yards between me and him and the trail he was on. I could’ve chanced a shot but it would’ve been risky and I don’t take those shots. Needles to say next time up I’m bringing a ladder and some trimmers and that limb will be gone!

Comment

Just getting caught up on the thread. This has been the slowest year on our Houston County place I can remember. Still a lot of sign and lots of pics, but all at night. I've hunted 50 plus times since bow season opened and only seen 5 or 6 deer in person. I shot a doe with my bow but got too far forward and hit her shoulder blade, not much penetration and no recovery. Then I finally managed to kill a buck on November 18th, not huge but at this point I was glad to have him. Doe season ends today and I've used my buck tag here so the rest of my hunting will be in the NF in Trinity County.

Comment

Here’s my buck BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                                Well right dusk I had a doe come out with a HUGE 8 behind her. Unfortunately there was a limb about 40 yards between me and him and the trail he was on. I could’ve chanced a shot but it would’ve been risky and I don’t take those shots. Needles to say next time up I’m bringing a ladder and some trimmers and that limb will be gone!

Man that’s a bummer.

Comment

Working...
                                X