Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    I couldnt every tell you what P&Y legal is or isnt lol. I keep it pretty simple so I guess my set up is in accordance.

All I know is I’ve shot too many deer with a lighted pin to ever give up that unfair advantage. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      TBH...........defacto record book for historical purposes!!! LOL!

Velvet Elvis for the win!!

Comment

Agree with r t p. Why do you pull your tape measure and start scoring him before the blood is even cold. Deer Scores Matters!

Comment

Agree with r t p. Most hunters pull the tape out and start measuring before the blood is cold. Buck scores matter.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            I think you're confusing the word elitist with purist.

Elitist use $3500 thermal scopes to kill pigs
            And use multiple $400 game cams to text them pics of a buck that crosses their 2000 lbs feeder in that 3700 acre high fenced ranch they got

I don't use none of that stuff but I don't bag on guys here for doing it.

Kinda like hitting 70 homeruns in a season but using cream instead of clear
            no, I'm pretty sure I understand the word elitist.

what you described are gadget nerds. elitists like to tell everyone what's "right", come up with a set of rules that divides classes and determine ethics.

people who use thermal sights to kill pigs are just rednecks with some extra walking around money. I don't think I've ever heard one of them telling someone else how to hunt.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 11-24-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I agree with r t p. Most pull the Tape out before the blood is even cold. Buck scores matter.

Comment

I agree with r t p. Most pull the Tape out before the blood is even cold. Buck scores matter.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  You forgot the hashtag.....#buckscoresmatter.

Comment

Have a Muley, whitetail, and nilgai that qualify for the book. I'm not paying to put anything in print.

Comment

#iagreewithrtp

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                        I keep my hunting equipment P&Y legal.
                        I like an organization that sets limits on how animals are hunted, (killed).
                        Technology is really diluting the true hunting experience.
                        **** these opposable thumbs...

Comment

I keep my hunting equipment P&Y legal.
                          I like an organization that sets limits on how animals are hunted, (killed).
                          Technology is really diluting the true hunting experience.
                          Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          I couldnt every tell you what P&Y legal is or isnt lol. I keep it pretty simple so I guess my set up is in accordance.
                          Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          **** these opposable thumbs...
                          I worded my post wrong.
                          I like being in a club that limits the use of certain types of technology in the taking of game animals, and recognizes the qualifying animal and the hunter for adhering to these guidelines.
                          There's no reason to bash these clubs or the hunters that are participating members simply because you choose to not adhere to the same standards.

Comment

I worded my post wrong.

I like being in a club that limits the use of certain types of technology in the taking of game animals, and recognizes the qualifying animal and the hunter for adhering to these guidelines.

There's no reason to bash these clubs or the hunters that are participating members simply because you choose to not adhere to the same standards.

No one is bashing the club or its members. It’s just out dated by most people’s standards. I’ve been hunting for 38 years archery only and the number one complaint has always been that “if he grows he just get the inches”. And they still won’t change that rule. Symmetry is great and everything but the truth is that imperfections are part of life and design. So why not give them the score they grew? Besides don’t think for a minute that Saxton and Arthur wouldn’t agree today.

Comment

If I drilled one with a big rack I'd certainly want to brag about it and an award for getting it done.

Comment

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

I’ll bash them.

The moment they developed and politicize “stances” on what they deem fair chase as compared to simply having a set of rules to enter an animal in their book is when I lost respect for them.

Little surprising the guys who own high fence ranches don’t have an issue with a hunting club that condemns the way they hunt. Maybe you haven’t read some of the commentary they have been putting out lately.

Last edited by kyle1974; 11-25-2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X