No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks off starting Wednesday. There is going to be some dead chit pics coming!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Two weeks off starting Wednesday. There is going to be some dead chit pics coming!
      Lol. Stack ‘em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        Lol. Stack ‘em up.
        Probably turkey lol

Comment

Yep mature bucks are running hard. Bowhunting was tough as not much is standing still in one place long but def seeing a lot of bucks driving around

Comment

Matthews is locked and loaded. Have no idea what is coming to this set. This morning was slow. Had a small buck bedded under the feeder when I got here. He moved out of the way long enough for me to spread some corn. Came back got a bite then took a nap until the feeder went off at 7. He left at 7:30 due to a yote in a snare 200 yrds away making a ruckus.

Afternoons have been much more active since the front hit Saturday.

Comment

Good luck this evening.

Comment

Slow tonight at the bow blind. I think I had a 2 deer come in directly down wind and they backed out with no alarm.
                Had 2 doe that were on high alert bust me pulling back, and the young 8 from this morning. He never checked up at 10 yards while I was packing up and getting out of the stand. Must be nice to be young and dumb.

Wife had good activity and thinks she saw the big 6 she hit 2 nights ago, but I think it was wishful thinking and an active imagination

Comment

Well the wife was right. There was a big 6 that came in last night, but not the one she lost Saturday night.
                  She got some redemption this morning and tightened up the grouping. I was going to let her take a doe too and she did not have a round chambered. click and no boom sent the doe wondering off. On the way out of the stand at 9 I opened the door and it was standing broadside at 70yards behind us. Quickly dropped the hammer and added to the doe control count.
                  Guessing the buck at 4.5 yrs and 170-180 lbs.

Comment

Congrats to your wife! Good kills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed a coyote running this morning. Starting to feel like smart shooting here!

Comment

Headed hunting in the morning for a couple days.

Comment

Good luck bud.

Comment

Wish I had better service to post a selfie here in the stand in my underwear! Feels like September.

Comment

My daughter got it done this am. First deer with a bow. Up tight in the V and didn't make it 40yds. About 35-40# with a slick trick 85.
                              Complete passthru.
                              She has killed a doe and buck with crossbow and shot a pig last yr with bow. Got her a new bow last yr and this is her first blood with it.

Comment

Two Doe and fawn on road corn. 140" type 8 came by and checked them and left. Just cruising.

Comment

Working...
                                X