No announcement yet.

Grayson County rut activity??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading back out in the morning for another shot, can’t get them sitting at home, good luck to everyone.

Comment

Hunted this evening on the Cooke/Grayson county line (rifle side). 6 does and a real decent buck, just not the one I’m after. Didnt see any rut action. Will be back out in The AM. Good luck!
      Last edited by BtheBuck; 11-24-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BtheBuck View Post
        Hunted this evening on the Cooke/Grayson county line (rifle side). 6 does and a real decent buck, just not the one I’m after. Didnt see any rut action. Will be back out in The AM. Good luck!

Noticed any rutting activity in the last 3 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Shooter bucks are showing up on cam during daylight hours. Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Noticed any rutting activity in the last 3 weeks?

Very little. I have been getting about 6-7 hunts in per week. I'm running about 10 cameras. The deer are more active in the thick stuff for sure, set up a few spots to hunt from a climber/learners and I am corning by hand.

There have been some nice deer killed in the last couple weeks mid morning on bordering properties, 1 real nice one I had on camera earlier in the year.

I have seen 3 does this morning, they came out and had some corn then sprinted towards and past me, I did not see anything chasing them or spook them.
            Last edited by BtheBuck; 11-25-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Hunted from 6am to Noon today - Saw a couple of turkey's, pigs, doe, and a small buck. Checked my cameras last week and 600+ photos of doe's and no larger bucks, so I'm thinking we've got a few more days before the rut.

Note: My setup is in some pretty thick stuff as well if that helps anyone

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
                Hunted from 6am to Noon today - Saw a couple of turkey's, pigs, doe, and a small buck. Checked my cameras last week and 600+ photos of doe's and no larger bucks, so I'm thinking we've got a few more days before the rut.

Note: My setup is in some pretty thick stuff as well if that helps anyone
                You honestly think the rut has not started

Comment

I think the rut is petering off to be honest

Comment

Segment C is going to be interesting . Hopefully some colder temp are scheduled for next weekend in NORTH Texas!!!

Comment

On like donkey kong right now. I've said before, I don't care if you call it pre-rut, end of the rut, post-rut, middle rut, whatever. Right now is the best time to be in the woods if you want to see a mature buck on his feet during daylight hours in Grayson County. Cameras and personal observations (including in the last 48 hours) confirm it for me, just like every year around this time. Cool days middle of the week this week should be dynamite.

Comment

Wide open

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        I think the rut is petering off to be honest

Have hunted every day for almost a month, just kicked off good last weekend and is in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Segment C is going to be interesting . Hopefully some colder temp are scheduled for next weekend in NORTH Texas!!!
                          There will be some good deer killed in Segment C. I'd bet it's best Segment this year!

Comment

It has stated on my place on 377.

Comment

Sorry didn't have any intentions of suggesting things weren't firing up and using the word "rut" means different things to different people.

My spot in East Grayson has been pretty active with lots of smaller bucks chasing and I had some larger bucks show up a couple of weeks ago, but they were still grouped up. Haven't seen them since and last weeks photo had zero bucks, so I was only stating I expect my spot should be in full swing this week.
                              Last edited by blide; 11-26-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Had my number 3 buck along with 2 other 8's chasing everything they could find this am. It was the most eventful morning hunt ive had in years! It's definitely on!

Comment

Working...
                                X