Remington is in deep financial trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    The federal government bailed out GM and Chrysler. Surely they will bail out Remington.....
    I hope not, any business that can't manage itself don't need my tax money to keep it afloat. If they can't figure out how to survive on their own then, well.......bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been trash guns for years. So many better out of the box rifles out there at the same price points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do we sit on all these Rem actions or sell?

Mine are 80's and one '14.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          They messed Marlin up so bad it is shameful. Total mismanagement and extreamly poor quality control. Guns by the hundreads actually left the factory that would not load and the machining on the barrels was so bad they could not be sighted in. No excuse with today's technology for that to have happened.
          Dam shame ain't it? SMH

Comment

On another recent thread I got somewhat blasted for voicing my opinion of the very poor Remington QC. It has been going down hill for several years. I think it was 2002 I bought a special run Remington 700 classic 257 Roberts that had a machining but on the bolt face that would not allow a round to be chambered it was gouged out so large. About the same time I saw in a friends gun shop a M700 ADL that had no rifling in the barrel. On my another 700 classic I experienced the trigger failure ( my 700s that are left have Timney triggers)

Remington has not had an economy bolt action worth spending any $ on since the 788 was discontinued ( most would outshoot the 700). The 710 and 770 were trash. The 798 and 799 were Zastava rifles with the Remington Logo and if you have tried them they were poorly machined rifles.

What Remington did to Marlin and H&R after purchase well lets just say Fiasco might be a good term. Cannot say DPMS was bad but many AR builders believed the polls and expected Hillary to win and there to be a big boom in sales of ARs which didn't happen and is why you can buy some ARs these days for 400, oops.

I also have a M700 classic in 7mm-08 that the only way I could get a scope to line up is to use the Leupold windage adjust bases and rings which are about the least secure rings you can get because the holes were drilled that much off.

My old 870 Wingmaster from the 50s is a great shotgun. The 552 Speedmaster from 1958 us also very good quality. I have several Remington 788s that I would not trade for any M700 made. old Remington yes new Remington no way.

S&W almost went bankrupt when the British group owned it and was bought for a song by someone with vision to make it great again and have. Hopefully someone can do that with Remington. But it would take a lot for me to every buy another Remington made after 1982.

Comment

Remington is in deep financial trouble

I cannot really comment on recently quality. I have 2 Remington 700’s built in the 70’s and they are awesome. I have a 300 WSM which was recently built and it’s a nail driver but it had work done by a gunsmith before I shot it.

Comment

Weird. I have a .270 rem 700 adl I purchased in 2010 and I have never had an issue with it. Bought another 700 adl in 7mm-08 around 2 years ago and again, never an issue. They both are very accurate

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I'd hate to see them go. Hopefully they can get creative and figure a way out of this.

Looking at their wiki page they do have some assets, like Merlin, they could sell. And I've always had confidence in their ammo.
                  You must not have shot any core lokt lately. Like a box of chocolates. Never know what you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    You must not have shot any core lokt lately. Like a box of chocolates. Never know what you will get.
                    I would think this can be fixed with Q.C.
                    I hope they survive.

Comment

Thankfully my 700 BDL 243 was made in 84, I assume that’s old enough to be good! I’ve never had an issue. Gonna switch from core lokts to Hornady soon. I guess I still need to replace the trigger in mine though, or is mine old enough to not need to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
                        Weird. I have a .270 rem 700 adl I purchased in 2010 and I have never had an issue with it. Bought another 700 adl in 7mm-08 around 2 years ago and again, never an issue. They both are very accurate
                        Same here, Academy had a special last year and I picked up a .243 and a 25-06 on the same day, slapped scopes on them and they've been great. That 25-06 is a lot of fun to shoot. No problems with scope mounts or dialing in or groups. Now I'm gonna be paranoid... THANKS GUYS!!!!!!! lol

Comment

Remington's quality went south when they moved south. I doubt there's remington 700 made today that can shoot a 10 round group smaller than a basketball.

Comment

I have a .260 limited and a .22-250 limited. Both are well made and shoot good. I wish them the best and hope they make it.

Comment

hate to hear an American icon co. go down the tube. but, I understand why. the last 3 Remingtons I've purchased new, in the last 5 years, have all had issues. 1)-700 extreme tactical long 300 wm. bought cheap rem. core lokt ammo for barrel break in. after 1st shot could not get the bolt open. sent back to Remington. the chamber had so many burrs, the brass was hung up. the smith that Remington had perform the work said the barrel looked ok. well, with 500$ in ammo tried, tons of reloading, only to manage 1.75-3.5" 3 shot groups I started calling Remington. 1st guy I talked to told me I was out of luck, as they did not have an accuracy guarantee. so I had It glass bedded, action trued. this brought groups to 1.5-3" the next Remington representative I contacted said it was unacceptable, and to send it back. they lapped barrel and shot 3"-4" groups. so, they replaced barrel and bolt. now it shoots 208 amax into one jagged hole!! they sent me the old targets.

2-remington r1 stainless 45. hammer contacted the slide during operation. I just took it to a local smith and had him remove material from the offending side of the hammer

3-700 cdl sf in 257 wb my wife got me for Christmas 11 months ago. 2.5-3" groups with everything factory. 1.5-2" w hand loading. i'll never buy a new Remington, and I let them know that this spring.

on a Remington positive note, I have amassed a nice 788 collection. all tack drivers!!!

Comment

I hope they don't go belly-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X