No announcement yet.

Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot in good conscious cast a vote for Mrs Bill Clinton so GJ is not an option at all for me.

Some of the things I do like about GJ while he was governor here.

I know the man with the cat tattoo won't agree with this as he has stated numerous times we need a government that works together to get things accomplished. Johnson always said the best government works when nobody gets along and not much at all gets accomplished. The NM house and senate were both 40+ year democrat rule and GJ vetoed about everything they ever worked to accomplish. It was the best 8 years NM ever had. We see our own federal government now involved with human trafficking, money laundering and other terrorist acts. It would be a much better country if the FEDS were not so big and powerful and the states had more of a voice in how it's citizens chose to be governed.

I really was a fan of his school choice voucher system that he worked hard to try and implement here. Never panned out as the unions, admin and the pro big government people think the only ones that should decide your child's direction is the FED and the NEA.

I liked that we had a rainy day fund worth many billions. He is much more fiscally conservative than the establishment types like GW Bush. Clinton crony Bill Richardson became governor after GJ and he looted every cent of any rainy day funds that was ever put away here in NM. Now NM is beyond broke and is dependent on federal welfare to stay afloat.

Comment

Hope he does gain traction, polls show he draws off of liberal voters ie Hillary not conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        I watched the Johnson / Weld town hall last night on CNN. They sounded darn reasonable compared to the knucklehead Trump.
        If they can reach 15% they'll be on the stage at the debates which could really shake things up.
        YES!! I sure hope he can make it to 15% and get in those debates!

#libertarian

Comment

He is not a serious candidate. Never was.. I guess he is using his donation money to buy hydroponic lights for his grow houses because I've never seen the first political add or any media coverage whatsoever.. It's like he doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            He is not a serious candidate. Never was.. I guess he is using his donation money to buy hydroponic lights for his grow houses because I've never seen the first political add or any media coverage whatsoever.. It's like he doesn't exist.
            I'm sure that he would love for the media to cover him more, but with such a shat show regarding the two others, why would they show him?

Personally, I wish that there was a law against political ads. I don't think a large campaign budget should dictate whether or not you are a viable candidate. Those political ads are the worst anyways.

Comment

I'm voting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                I'm sure that he would love for the media to cover him more, but with such a shat show regarding the two others, why would they show him?

Personally, I wish that there was a law against political ads. I don't think a large campaign budget should dictate whether or not you are a viable candidate. Those political ads are the worst anyways.
                I agree since they're all lies and deception anyway.

Just make each party donate some money towards more debates or non-biased interviews shown on TV.

Comment

I watched him & his running mate on cnn interview the other day & man, he just came across as a ding-a-ling & not very presidential. Kinda awkward. Didn't really say anything wrong, just came across a bit goofy to me.

My only problem with 3rd parties & EC is you would have so many disenfranchised voters like you did with Perot. Didn't Clinton win with less than 40% of the popular?? To me, although I get the EC process isn't a good vibe with three strong candidates. I don't know what the solution would be...maybe some sort of run off with the best two if one doesn't get say 45-50 percent of popular??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Didn't really say anything wrong, just came across a bit goofy to me.I watched him & his running mate on cnn interview the other day & man, he just came across as a ding-a-ling & not very presidential. Kinda awkward.
                    Agree. When I've seen him interviewed he couldn't put together a coherent answer to any question asked. I don't see the attraction myself.

After reading through this thread it would appear not all "Libertarians" are created equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      So what about the baker? The government forcing someone to abandoned their views, religion and principles isn't discrimination?

It's the price of doing business In a diverse and united society, imo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hydroponic grow lights? Giggle

What are hydroponic grow lights???

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                          It's the price of doing business In a diverse and united society, imo...

How is the government forcing one to give up their beliefs in preference to another diverse? Isn't that the opposite?

I think using a Nazi in this example is remarkably appropriate.

Comment

I wonder how many people would vote Libertarian if they knew for sure someone in the other party (in the same state of course) would also vote Libertarian - ala Hey, I'll vote Libertarian if you will.

The fear a lot of folks seem to have is that if they vote Libertarian, they might be helping the candidate they dislike even more.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                              I wonder how many people would vote Libertarian if they knew for sure someone in the other party (in the same state of course) would also vote Libertarian - ala Hey, I'll vote Libertarian if you will.

The fear a lot of folks seem to have is that if they vote Libertarian, they might be helping the candidate they dislike even more.
                              This. And if Johnson is able to gain some traction and media attention then people will be more likely to unify behind him.

Comment

Gary Johnson endorses #BlackLivesMatter
                                At the CNN Libertarian Party Town Hall on Wednesday, Johnson praised the efforts of Black Lives Matter and endorsed the organization.
                                Speaking to a Black Lives Matter protestor and registered Democrat who was shot in the leg during a march, Johnson said, “What it has done for me is that my head has been in the sand on this,” Johnson said. “I think that we’ve all had our heads in the sand and lets wake up. Discrimination does exist, has existed, and for me personally, um, slap, slap, wake up.”

Comment

Working...
                                X