Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Private Land leasing for public hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I looked their were a good number of leases for small game and dove. I didn't see much for Deer. That could have changed the last couple of years though.

Comment

They are trying to get more deer and exotic areas set up. You can look online at TPWDs website under the public hunting and the whole map book is now online

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        They are trying to get more deer and exotic areas set up. You can look online at TPWDs website under the public hunting and the whole map book is now online
        That's good that they are trying.. With the price of leasing Im sure it's a challenge to find quality land that's affordable for the state to lease for the public. Thanks for the tip about the map.. My paper copy is a couple years old.

Comment

As of now, I no longer work for the NWTF due to our recent move to Kerrville. However, I do know the ins and outs of the APH land leases as that is what I did for TPWD. I know that the system is not perfect and there are flaws in it, but they are trying to honestly do the best they can with the limited resources that are available. I believe that there are over 950,000 acres open to public hunting either through APH properties, Draw Hunts and WMA's spread across the state. We/they know that there have been issues in the past with trash being left behind by "hunters" and that has always caused landowner issues (rightfully so). They try to do the best they can at policing it, but there are way more properties and miles to cover than people to watch over them. The properties are a great hunter funded resource, and honestly it is all of our jobs to help keep them clean and picked up as we can. If you see people trashing them or leaving stuff behind, call them out on it or help pick it up. Every little bit helps...

Comment

Tell DJ Denny said Hi.

Comment

Hope they get more deer leases

Comment

Working...
              X