Old Sabine Bottom II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Sabine Bottom II

Anyone planning on hunting the WMA this weekend through the first?

prolly go out there after christmas, to busy before then

Comment

was out there the week after thanksgiving. didnt see any deer during daylight and no hogs during daylight either. planning on going back in january for the general hog season though.

Comment

Weather permitting, I'll be there with Byron 12/26 - 12/30.

Comment

it was nice to meet all of you guys and enjoyed sharing the campfire.

"where laquita at" lmao

Comment

Sprayn2...was great meeting you too...thanks for sharing some of your honey holes with us...your secrets are safe...if we can help you out give us a shout...count us in for the hog hunt down south...take care of that little one and Laquita is at WalMart buns up and baring it all for the tourists...she really should buy some panties...Rick and Derek

Comment

hey rick you didnt mention whether you bagged anything. it tough hunting there. but to see a deer on the old sabine is always a treat.

Comment

Grenade..how are you...yes we saw a bunch of deer, I also saw my first buck in the woods...he was at least a six, Spray and Derek and I were doing some scouting when we found "em. Spray was trying to move up to where he could see. They knew we were there but did not appear to be alarmed. After I got the bino's back on him to count points again he slipped off. I was able to follow him for a few seconds with the bino's and when I scanned back to the spot where he had been standing a bigger one followed him. Had a tall rack but was unable to tell if he made 13'' as when I counted points he had his head turned sideways to me. The larger one was wider than the first but I only got a brief look as he was walking off after the first. Our plan was to back out and bring the climbers in and set up for the next day which we did but did not see anything . Byron was already set up in the area unknown to us and had a doe walk under his stand that evening. When we walked out Sat evening there were 2 coon hunters about to go in with their dogs and they made a comment about having run their dogs in there the night before and had jumped several does. There were a lot of squirrel hunters in there Fri. and Sat. Probably why we didn't see anything in the area that day. Thanks to Spray I gained a lot of knowledge of the WMA and I plan on going there as much as I can till next season. There is a lot of territory in there that I want to look over...Try and hook up with Spray..he is a hell of a guy, He can probably help you out with your hog hunt..good luck... Rick

Comment

i called the 1 800 number for the game wardens about them guys being in there at night and havent heard a thing, but i got a real good friend that has shauns cell number and he said we he will call him about that cause they arent supposed to be in there at night hunting. i honestly dont think they were coon hunting

Comment

2 years ago on our hog hunt we had a group of coon hunters out there at night also. they saw our lights from camp and thought we were the game wardens. so they shut off their lights for a while until they figured we were just camping out. they came to camp and told us they thought we were the man and thats why they shut off their lights. but i never thought to read up on whether or not you could coon hunt there at night so i never mentioned it to the game warden. on an interesting note they told us they seen a 14 ft alligator out there one time. dont know if i believe them or not. but i have second thoughts on putting my canoe in there now. ha ha. but sounds like you had a good hunt.

Comment

I got a doe last saturday at the bottoms and i would post a pics but i cant get it to come up

Comment

Grenade...Spray said that there were supposed to be a couple of big gators in Long Lake...think he said that TPWD had put one in there for sure......congrats East Tx.....were you on the ATV side? that is where most all of the trucks were parked Sat. we were in a yellow Dodge and camped all the way back by the river...Rick

Comment

no i havent been to that side yet i just get as far away from the truck as i can

Comment

heres the pic from sat
                            Last edited by east tx hog hunter; 09-29-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

congrates on the doe hog hunter.

HG, there are gators in long lake cause i have seen em with my own 2 eyes, but they are only bout 8 ft or so. and hunting of any kind out there is not permitted, if it were thats when i would hog hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X