• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, That’s Great News . Prayers continue

Comment

Congrats Chief nice boar.

Comment

Chief Wow, I have never had a hog charge me but I've heard they do. Good shooting and a very nice boar! Did he stink bad from urine?

Comment

Thanks guys, and oddly enough that isn't the first time I've been charged. All said and done, that is the fourth or fifth time in the Sam I've been charged. Once after I shot a sow a boar came after me, once at about 4:45 in the morning on the way to my spot, on a squirrel hunt last January, and then yesterday. And no he honestly didn't have a urine smell at all, kinda smelled like a farm pig. But his shield was about an inch, inch and a half thick.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I wish wild game would just come running to me when I walk through the forest . Thats pretty interesting that they like you that much.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              Man I wish wild game would just come running to me when I walk through the forest . Thats pretty interesting that they like you that much.
              I'll send em the message, cause I'm tired of it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I wouldn't mind if it was a big buck, but the pigs just don't like me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                I'll send em the message, cause I'm tired of it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I wouldn't mind if it was a big buck, but the pigs just don't like me.

I think you sent them a message by shooting him in face. You'll probably never be charged again. Haha

Comment

Kevin, again great news. Prayers continued.
                  Chief, that's a heck of a story.
                  Lee, looks good. Fine table fare.

As for me, long story short. Nothing was harmed in the making of my story.

Got in the stand early, daybreak and I figure out the feeder is behind me. Don't see a thing. Get down at the appointed time and with the map I was given, I realize there is a pond near me just up the hill. I walk up there and just look around for a minute.
                  I head back to my stand ( about 200 yards) and here comes John to get me in his truck. I get in and he drives up the hill towards the pond to show me around. As we crest the hill I see three deer. 2 bucks and a doe. ( Mind you I was just standing there not even a minute ago)
                  They end up running off.
                  We shot recurves during the mid day and I learned a lot about them. Got to see John shoot his Olympic bow at 33 yards and stack the arrows in there.
                  Back out for the evening hunt and I had a young bull come in to the feeder and eat.
                  Then a much shorter drive home than the drive home from the Sam.
                  Great day.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Damian. At least you got to hang with a friend. I have no doubt you’ll fill a tag soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      We got back from Dallas last night. It was the last trip before Trisha becomes an A+ (top of the transplant list) in two weeks. All the scans were cancer free. They hope to get her a new liver in three to four weeks. It's been a long five years but we can see the finish line finally. Thanks again for all the prayers. I'll let y'all know how it goes from here. It's been a true miracle what God has done for her.
                      Continued prayers for Trisha and you Kevin! That is very good news for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                        Thanks guys, and oddly enough that isn't the first time I've been charged. All said and done, that is the fourth or fifth time in the Sam I've been charged. Once after I shot a sow a boar came after me, once at about 4:45 in the morning on the way to my spot, on a squirrel hunt last January, and then yesterday. And no he honestly didn't have a urine smell at all, kinda smelled like a farm pig. But his shield was about an inch, inch and a half thick.

Dang Chief, that's some bad luck you've got! Glad you were able to pull that shot off on that big nasty.
                        KAP!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                          Dang Chief, that's some bad luck you've got! Glad you were able to pull that shot off on that big nasty.
                          KAP!

I know, I need to break this bad luck streak with a nice buck. But yeah I'm lucky to have placed it in the sweet spot.

Comment

Yawn...... Y’all haven’t seen anything?! Killing me smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                              Yawn...... Y’all haven’t seen anything?! Killing me smalls!
                              I've been seeing endless tests cause it's finals week. After today I'm free for a month [emoji110]

Comment

Another buck down 2017 they still be roaming. With this cool front moving thru, think they will be out. Be sage fellow archers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X