Fannin Unit Caddo Grasslands-Archery Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
    .................. This includes the age old baiting vs. non, no fence vs. high fence...............
    Pat, are trying to say kinda what I quoted below in my quotes ? Missed ya at the dove hunt. I was looking farward to shake-n your hand and talk-n with ya.

Comment

Mike--that is EXACTLY what I was saying! That's a great quote and I just wish that everyone felt the same way.....but oh well!
      I saw you at the dove hunt and wish we did have time to visit more but that's the nature of the beast!

Comment

I appoligize for the snob remark.

It is a legal means to hunt on public land during general season.

I respect bowmen for their choice of weapon and only ask that they treat me with the same. I love to shoot my cross bow, it is a blast.

I use the same techniques as they do. Plus like I said before, I only get 1 shot. If I miss the animal is gone and I cannot re-nock as quick as a bowmen.

Comment

So crossbows are allowed?
          That is great anyone can hunt that area then.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
            as far as I'm concerned crossbow is not archery equipment
            I see it as archery equipment. My Dad cannot draw a bow anymore due to bad shoulder, and if that is the only way he can "archery hunt" and us spend time together then so be it.

Comment

has anyone hunted this area lately? any maps available. I used to duck hunt alot up near bonham

Comment

Here are a couple items I pulled up. Not the best, but any little bit helps.

Derek

Comment

Interesting... We used to hunt the other units with rifles when we first moved down here, very pretty woods. I've never been up around lake fannin though.

Comment

Hmmm?

Comment

the way i understand the rules and regulations is during Texas archery season you can only use a bow but during the rifle season you can use a crossbow or a bow unless you have a note from a doctor in which you can use a crossbow all season long( archery and firearms)

Comment

Does anyone now if there are alot of deer up there? Or is it just crowded with hunters and who can drawn down on it the fastest

Comment

I took the trip yesterday, found some good sign, but there is going to be a trail ride up there Oct. 24/25th with horses every where.

Comment

horses won't bother the deer hunting. At LBJ we've watched trail riders pass by deer standing at the edge of a trail and not seeing them at all-& vice versa.
                            They'll probably help deer movement instead of inhibit it.

Comment

I believe that crossbows are now a legal means....

of taking game (deer, hogs,etc.) during the respective seasons except for Grayson County, which retains the restrictions on crossbows (only handicapped hunters with a doctors dispensation).

Comment

Originally posted by holepuncher View Post
                                I took the trip yesterday, found some good sign, but there is going to be a trail ride up there Oct. 24/25th with horses every where.
                                correction; iwent the Boisdarc Unit

Comment

Working...
                                X