Cheap pig feeder idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap pig feeder idea

I use a plastic 30 gall. drum and drill holes in it. I attach it to a tree or tee post with a chain and put out harbor frieght solar flood lights for night lights. It all cost about 25 dollars and works really well. Pus it is pretty cool to listen to the pigs hit the barrel. I watched through night vision once and it was pretty cool to see them fight over it.

I have a beat up 30 gal. feeder sitting in my garage that I've been trying to figure out what to do with for about a year. This sounds like a good plan to me. It's like a pig pipe on steroids, with an alarm clock built in so you can sleep in the stand.

Comment

And boy will it wake you up. You can hear it a long way off.

Comment

Any Pictures or instructions on how to attach the barrel to the chain?

Comment

Metal ring with the threaded collar. Attach it to the handle on the barrel and to a big ring around the t-post.

Comment

I'd like to see a few pics of this setup. I've got a couple of pig pipes at the lease, but am always looking for other ideas. You can't have too many pig killing stands.

Comment

I will try to remember to bring my camera with me and take some pics.

Comment

ALSO A 8 INCH PVC PIPE ABOUT 5-6 FT LONG WITH 1/2 HOLE DRILLED ALL AROUND IT WITH CAPS ON EACH END WITH A 1 INCH HOLE DRILLED IN THE CENTER OF ONE CAP FOR THE ROPE(USE 1 INCH ROPE) IT WORKS REALLY GOOD BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT 8 YEAR NOW THE CAP HAS 2 SMALL WOOD SCREWS HOLDING IT IN BUT EASILY REMOMED WITH A SCREW DRIVE HID IN A TREE NEAR BY I FORGOT IT A FEW TIMES SO DECIDED TO KEEP IT THERE

HAPPY HUNTIN YALL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Piggybuster -

what is your name? I work in College Station and my husband used to work for Verizon in the supply warehouse. He knows most of the linemen.

Comment

My name is Jerry I have a few friends who work for verizon.

Comment

Where I hunt the critters consider anything plastic as a personal challenge. Could you use a metal barrel? And do you simply hang it from the tree close to the ground? Do the pigs get corn out by bumping the barrel?

Comment

I just lay it on the ground and let it roll around. I dont know why you couldn't use a metal barrel, the plastic is just smaller and easier to fill up. I hook it to a tree or even better a tpost. I bought some cheap led flood lights from harbor frieghts and use them as night lights. They are 15 dollars and last for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                        X