No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a plane from Laughing Air Force Base went down (crashed) this afternoon around 4pm by the lake near spur 454 just a heads up not sure if this will affect any hunting areas they are not releasing much info at this time..!!! Just a heads up.!!hope the pilot/pilots ejected and are ok ..!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
      So a plane from Laughing Air Force Base went down (crashed) this afternoon around 4pm by the lake near spur 454 just a heads up not sure if this will affect any hunting areas they are not releasing much info at this time..!!! Just a heads up.!!hope the pilot/pilots ejected and are ok ..!!!!!

I heard one died, one survived. I saw that on the new last night.

Not the first plane crash out there. I found some aircraft pieces years ago, in one of the hunt areas. I eventually found a serial number and showed it to someone, they told me it was from a military aircraft.

Comment

Anyone have a good tracking dog in the area? I left Caleb Hill a voicemail, just wanted to see if anyone on here knows of anyone.

Shot a big Mouflon around 9:30am this morning. Shot was maybe a tad forward, and the arrow didnt completely pass thru(around 5-7inches sticking out). I found multiple pools of blood, and tracked him for almost a mile until I hit a hard spot.

Please let me know if anyone wants to help!!

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
          Anyone have a good tracking dog in the area? I left Caleb Hill a voicemail, just wanted to see if anyone on here knows of anyone.

Shot a big Mouflon around 9:30am this morning. Shot was maybe a tad forward, and the arrow didnt completely pass thru(around 5-7inches sticking out). I found multiple pools of blood, and tracked him for almost a mile until I hit a hard spot.

Please let me know if anyone wants to help!!
          From what I understand you cannot use dogs at Amistad. If you are in private property then that is a different story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Private property. I'm trying to find on the map if he crossed into Area 5

Comment

Private property. I'm trying to find on the map if he crossed into Area 5
              If you go into area 5 to look for it, make sure you have the permit to hunt just for good measure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post

Not sure how I missed this but prayers up for all involved.

Comment

Anybody hunting?? Curious if the rut is going on or if it has run its course already...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Anybody hunting?? Curious if the rut is going on or if it has run its course already...
                    I was there last week hunting Mouflon a on property that lines hunt area 5. I saw a few scraps, and some 1-2yr old bucks fighting it out.. Probably getting close if the colder weather will stick around

Comment

I was there last week hunting Mouflon a on property that lines hunt area 5. I saw a few scraps, and some 1-2yr old bucks fighting it out.. Probably getting close if the colder weather will stick around
                      Thanks for the info... did you find the mouflon you shot??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Thanks for the info... did you find the mouflon you shot??
                        No tracking dog got caught up with a porcupine around the last spot I tracked him(which was a gooood ways). Ended up snagging a bigger one on Sunday morning. Still hoping my buddy finds the first one tho

Comment

Some views...

Comment

Congrats on your ram! I counted at least 5 full curl Rams prior to the season out in area 5. Obviously, those sheep travel in and out of the area and onto the private land around.

Comment

I saw 3 different herds of 20-40 of them. That second to last picture is in a creek bottom where you can barely see a bunch of them thru the brush. It was an awesome experience

Comment

Wow! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X