No announcement yet.

Bye bye Bannie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever this is about, it's not about wins and losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daniels is the problem. He's made some bad moves the last few years.

Comment

My best friend's brother-in-law was a player in that clubhouse last season and the year before and said he couldn't wait to get out of there (he was subsequently traded to another team in our division)...needless to say, he said the atmosphere in the locker room was toxic with Bannister around. He would fly off the handle and cuss his assistant coaches out after a loss right in front of the whole team instead of taking that kind of crap behind closed doors.

Maybe you consider that "old school" but players won't thrive in that kind of environment.

Also, someone mentioned the talent, we have extremely talented players but they aren't playing for anything, they aren't playing for Bannister that's for sure I am glad to see him gone!

Comment

too bad.

Comment

I certainly don't know what goes on in the clubhouse - I'm sure JD has his reasons. However, I've watched at least part of every game this season and it doesn't look like the players have quit on him despite being in the cellar.

Comment

Once again the Ranger's leadership runs off the wrong man.

JD, the smug little ivy league punk, is who should have left in place of Ryan.

They have should send him packing instead of Nolan...likewise with this move!

Let's consider the facts:

Rangers before Ryan arrival - 4 consecutive seasons below 500
              Rangers after Ryan arrival - 5 straight winning seasons (all 1st or 2nd place in division)

Ryan leaves to help his son with the Astros...

Astros had 6 losing seasons prior to Nolans arrival
              Astros have 5 consecutive winning seasons, winning 2 divisions and World Series since Nolan arrived
              Rangers have 3 losing seasons out of 5 since Ryan left

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

You sure? I bet if there was more of one and less of the other he might still be there.

JK, I was honestly surprised he wasnt fired after last season. I wonder who Daniels has in mind to replace him.
                Last edited by rtp; 09-21-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

He was the best MLB Bouncer and first one on the fight scene every time!!! Like he forgot he is a HAS BEEN

Comment

SAY WHAT?!!!

Dude was .500 in his 4 years and way below .500 the last 2

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      SAY WHAT?!!!

Have you looked at the team he was given the last two years? If they expect anyone to win with that bunch, then they're dumber than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        SAY WHAT?!!!

That is due to Daniels being his boss and not Nolan.

I remember some saying JD was rhe man and Nolan sucked. Boy were they wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                          Once again the Ranger's leadership runs off the wrong man.

JD, the smug little ivy league punk, is who should have left in place of Ryan.

They have should send him packing instead of Nolan...likewise with this move!

Let's consider the facts:

Rangers before Ryan arrival - 4 consecutive seasons below 500
                          Rangers after Ryan arrival - 5 straight winning seasons (all 1st or 2nd place in division)

Ryan leaves to help his son with the Astros...

Astros had 6 losing seasons prior to Nolans arrival
                          Astros have 5 consecutive winning seasons, winning 2 divisions and World Series since Nolan arrived
                          Rangers have 3 losing seasons out of 5 since Ryan left
                          There is a WHOLE LOT more to that equation than those two men...Nolan is effectivly a figure head in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            That is due to Daniels being his boss and not Nolan.

I remember some saying JD was rhe man and Nolan sucked. Boy were they wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Jesus....Nolan was not the GM here, and he's not in Houston. He's not even in charge of baseball ops, he's an advisor.

Comment

There is a WHOLE LOT more to that equation than those two men...Nolan is effectivly a figure head in Houston.
                              No doubt - but both teams have been at their best in the recent past with someone named Ryan involved in the baseball decisions.

Comment

Daniels got to go

Comment

Working...
                                X