Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
    Yes they did. So the question is:

This:

Plus this:

And Hornady brass. Going to load up a ladder. What's a good starting charge weight?

Thanks
    I started at 39.5 grains of IMR 4350 and had my best group (.21") at 41.5 grains but my O.A.L. was 2.835 and I had some feed issues from the magazine. 41.5 grains gave me 2581 fps.

I've restarted with a O.A.L. of 2.8" and trying Superformance because I had some pretty tight groups with the Superformance and 140 grain SST's.

I can't stop experimenting!

Comment

Hornady shows their max with imr 4350 at 42g. I usually load a bit past manufacturers max that was at 2.8". I'll start at 40.5g and work up to 42.3 or so using 2.8" oal.

Comment

I went with the Primary Arms FFP scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best I could do today. Foulers and scope adjustments lower left. Disregard.

I tried the 143eldx, 140 eld, and 120amax. Only got out to 100 today due to time restraints.

Chassis came in

Looks like I'll start out with the eld x and see how they do.

Comment

What mags are you running with the chassis? I need to get a couple more, but I want to put it in a chassis as well, don't want to waste money on the mags if they don't fit. Would love something with more capacity.

Comment

Strongly considering the Predator in 308. Also considering the Savage 10 FCP in a 18 or 20" barrel. I'd like to pair with a suppressor which is why i'm looking at threaded barrels.

I can't get over the green stock but some of these pics look better than the online store pics. Boyds has some great looking stocks but not sure i could change it out myself.

Any comments are always appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
                Best I could do today. Foulers and scope adjustments lower left. Disregard.

I tried the 143eldx, 140 eld, and 120amax. Only got out to 100 today due to time restraints.

Chassis came in

Looks like I'll start out with the eld x and see how they do.
                What chassis is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                  what chassis is that?

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i337 using tapatalk
                  mdt lss.

I'll be testing at 200 next time to confirm speeds and drops and then will move to 300 and 400. Decided to save my factory ammo for the next trip. Hopefully I'll have my Hornady bushings to start reloading by next trip.
                  Last edited by Tx_Punisher; 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      What mags are you running with the chassis? I need to get a couple more, but I want to put it in a chassis as well, don't want to waste money on the mags if they don't fit. Would love something with more capacity.
                      I've got some knights' armament somewhere I'll try if I can find them but more than likely end up with some AI.

Comment

Went to the range today. I was being rushed since the range shuts down at 5:30. In less than 45 minutes, I had two different types of ammo dialed in (shooting more frequently than I prefer to). The Hornady whitetail and ELD-X both did well (sub-moa at 100). When I get another chance, I'll spend a lot more time at the range and see how small I can get the groups to be. I might pick up a reloading kit after Christmas.

Comment

FDE aye? Gonna look good...I went black. MDT LSS, MDT folder, timney trigger, hogue grip, Magpul ACS stock, Ruger AM mags, glades armory bolt handle and pacific bolt shroud.

Need to take pics

Comment

Will look better with the bigger scope after the season is over.

Comment

Took mine to the range today and put a 25 dollar muzzle brake on it and recoil was almost nonexistent. 3 shot group, just got some IMR 4350 and ordered some Barnes 127 LRXs now that I have some brass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

What range is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X