how to get sheet rock dust off the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get sheet rock dust off the floor

We got flooded during Harvey and are still cleaning up. What is the best way to get sheetrock dust off the tile floor?

So far its been a mop and a bucket and if your not careful, you will spread the sheetrock around the house with a dirty mop and get to Start over again...

Looking for a machine of some type. I had a hoover but it got clogged up cleaning up the dust.

Thanks for the the ideas.

tell a whole bunch of coke heads its coke and they will take care of it

Comment

Good luck. Once it gets wet it’s like glue.

Comment

I have a contact who just did my floors who is out of the beaumont area. He did about 600sf for 225 bucks and it looks better than before I had 24" of water flowing over it not to mention all the tear out and rebuild. I don't know where you are but a professional with a professional steam cleaner is the only solution.

Comment

(409) 781-9496 Trey with Advanced Tile something tha other.....good guy and the floors were better than I would have ever thought they would be.

Comment

If it had not have been wet Floor Sweep would pick it up.

Comment

I’m in Orange and going through the same thing.

Comment

keep mopping, with hot water

and let the water sit for a few minutes

you'll get it all up

Comment

Personally, I am going to let the flooring installer worry about how to get it off of my concrete.

Comment

I tried everything. all failed. When the laminate floor installers floated all the rooms to make them level, all the sheetrock dust was gone. Too bad, we had to live in it until the floors finally went in.
                    Keep the faith

Comment

We have been mopping and mopping and sweeping and mopping. Now we are having a steam cleaning company come out to clean our ducts, upstairs carpet, and steam clean then seal the grout downstairs. Too much work. So tired of wiping down everything only to be covered in dust again.

Comment

Get it wet and shop vac it up if you mop it all your going to do is smear it around.

Comment

My wife bought this and made a world of difference

Comment

I removed dust for a living

Comment

I ended up using a push broom on my laminate to knock it loose then sweep and vacuum it up. This room multiple times before it was all gone. For me mopping it just spread it around the house and made it look worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X