No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the day!!! We are seeing some hookings in Houston County near the DCNF. Hope I can get on one in the morning, good to luck to everyone in a stand!

Comment

24 hours until show time!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to do laundry, and my sent free bag smells like mold. I guess my gear was wet when I put it up last weekend. 3 times in the wash with baked soda and sent free soap. I hope this gets that smell out. Ugggggghh

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
          Went to do laundry, and my sent free bag smells like mold. I guess my gear was wet when I put it up last weekend. 3 times in the wash with baked soda and sent free soap. I hope this gets that smell out. Ugggggghh
          Put a cup of vinegar in the wash. That'll get rid of the mildew smell.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I nosed around my Splendora lease today, still no rubs or scrapes to be found. Hard to find anything whitetail related with all the dang pig sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            At my home place in Liberty county bucks have been scraping and rubbing for 2 weeks. The young bucks have been pushing each other around, some of the mature ones have had all out take each other to the ground battles to establish the mature dominance. Seen 2 big mature deer this week trying to push does pretty hard. Bucks are starting their walkabout leaving for a day or two and slip back through checking scrapes. Does are just not quite ready yet but it's close. Fingers crossed I had 4 sure enough shooters for the last month and they have slowly crept away. Neighbors are cutting them off have feeders going all the way around my property now pulling the does away which will pull the bucks out of the sanctuary I have created.

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
              Put a cup of vinegar in the wash. That'll get rid of the mildew smell.

will give this a try.

Comment

Looks like the Trinity Cafe is back open.

Comment

Good luck this morning! Left the house this morning at 3:30 headed to work. Will be living through y'alls hunts. Side note, had several.deer feeding in the yard at the house and saw another 10+ deer feeding on the side of the road on my drive in.

Comment

Good luck fellas. I'm fixing to stir Colton up and then head on out to the bow lease. The air has a touch of coolness to it. Not quite as cool as last year's opener but I will take it all day long. We plan on doing some doe control over the next couple of days before settling in on hunting a buck but that could change quickly, specially since my top target buck came in overnight in front of the Covert!

My your arrow fly true.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck everyone, from the Segno Firelane in Polk County. Stick 'em!

Comment

Could have filled both buck tags by 715. The most impressive deer I have on camera showed up at 13 yards followed by a yearling spike.

The 10 point has points and width but nothing more to set me off. Hes Short on brows,tines and age. If he had another year or two I may have thumped him. I passed too may good bucks last year to fill a tag in the first hour.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of my other east Texas brethren seeing lack of movement from their deer. They just don't seem up on their feet much in shooting hours. Or they're moving elsewhere, which very well could be!

Comment

I haven't had anything but hogs on camera, and not seeing any deer movement. Acorns are starting to fall, so maybe that'll help some.

I had a group of hogs come in last night, but they were on my right and I was having trouble getting turned. I tried to draw and the seat was in the way of my elbow. I don't think they scented me, but I do think they sensed my movement, because they slowly retreated. Very disappointing. I should've been more patient and let them eat their way into a better shot position. Live and learn...

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                              I haven't had anything but hogs on camera, and not seeing any deer movement. Acorns are starting to fall, so maybe that'll help some.

I had a group of hogs come in last night, but they were on my right and I was having trouble getting turned. I tried to draw and the seat was in the way of my elbow. I don't think they scented me, but I do think they sensed my movement, because they slowly retreated. Very disappointing. I should've been more patient and let them eat their way into a better shot position. Live and learn...

Hogs are all i have on camera too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw good movement Saturday am....shot a doe. Not much Saturday pm and nothing so far Sunday.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X