No announcement yet.

taxidermist tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not tipped my taxi. I have always and only used him, paid in cash, given gifts separate from when I have work on going, referred customers and even fixed a few things he had issues with in his shop/house and moms house electrically. He even lets me hunt free range Axis in his private spots .
    We have a great relationship. I value his friendship.

Comment

My brother in law tips his taxi pretty heavy and gets moved to the front of the line every time.

Comment

I tip strippers and good waitresses. Everyone else gets paid in full.

Comment

I have never received taxi on, or before the Taxidermist estimated pick up date. However, always quick to blame it on the tanning process. Almost always 3-7 months past the date.

Why should I tip....

Comment

Personally I just don't get all the tipping for doing your job thing. I tip guides, waiters, barbers and valets. Those jobs are designed to be tipped and are heavy customer service. They don't get the profit off the sale. Some say, "but if they did a really good job don't they deserve a tip?" No, they deserve my repeat business and referrals and word of mouth. That's how they make more money. A taxi is the one making all the profit. Tips are generally for the staff who do not make the profit. That's just my take. Now that I've black balled myself from all the taxis on here its time to start looking for a some back up taxis if I ever shoot anything

Comment

Never thought about tipping.

Comment

I just give him capes from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  OP, which on of these TBH taxi's put you up to this?

lol

Comment

We've had a guy give us extra money for a "storage fee" because he waited a couple weeks to pick it up. That is about as close to a tip as we've seen. Not sure why you'd tip a taxidermist anyway...

Comment

thanks for the input everyone; I had a pretty nice 8 point that was the biggest ever for our property, and I kinda' screwed up the cape and made a little extra work for my taxi. the agreed price was over the phone. when I showed him the head/cape he told me that he was going to have to do some sewing to fix it.
                      o.k. so he did a great job, just thought that I would give him a few extra $$ for a job well done.
                      anyway, he wasn't expecting it, and kinda argued against it.
                      in the end we both were happy.

Comment

I never have. If I screwed something up and had agreed on a price beforehand I might give him something extra.

Comment

I’ll start tipping my taxi the same day I start tipping the mailman or my wife. You got a job to do, so go do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only on bad Bobcat mounts!

Comment

I don't

Comment

Never tipped before, but will consider next time. Just never thought of it honestly.

Comment

Working...
                                X