Floating Dock & Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating Dock & Pier

We wanted a dock for our pond, so after doing a bunch of on-line research, this 10'x12' dock, and 4'x12' pier is what I came up with. I got a great deal on the barrels (free), and my all-in cost was about $650. I'll add pix from my phone.

The pipe that you see was run thru a bracket on the front of the dock, and driven down into the pond bottom, to stablilize it from the wind. Thought I might need one on each front corner, but it doesn't look like that'll be necessary. I pounded a couple of pieces of galvanized channel into the ground, then ran lag bolts thru the channel, into the pier stringers, to anchor it at the shore. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them for you.
    Last edited by HeyMikey; 06-18-2017, 05:16 AM.

Very impressive. Congrats!

Comment

Very nice. What did you secure the barrels with?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
        Very nice. What did you secure the barrels with?

I used some coated wire that I had on hand, but polypropylene rope would work just as well. On my pond, I doubt that it's even necessary, but I did it since I had the wire.

Comment

That turned out really nice!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

Nice build
              Are u not concerned about the water getting higher? I would think anchors to the stringer would keep it from being able to float up and not be held down in flood

Comment

Nice Mike..........

Comment

Floating Dock & Pier

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                  Nice build
                  Are u not concerned about the water getting higher? I would think anchors to the stringer would keep it from being able to float up and not be held down in flood

Good question! My pond will only hold so much water, before it spills out, so I'm not too concerned about high water being a problem for my particular setup. I've got hinges connecting the dock to the pier, so I think I'm good up to full pool. If it were to ever become an issue, I can simply remove the lag bolts in the stringers and let the dock and pier both float up a little higher, and reposition the anchors in the bank accordingly.
                  Last edited by HeyMikey; 06-18-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                    Nice Mike..........

Thanks Johnny! I've got a very happy wife on my hands now [emoji16]

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

very nicely done.

Comment

We had 8 people on it last night (drinking). It was stable, and no one fell in

Comment

Turned out nice

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              We had 8 people on it last night (drinking). It was stable, and no one fell in
                              You just didn't drink enough.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X