Peep sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep sight

Will this work on my Mossberg Patriot in .375?

I wanted a peep sight and I got my bases today and still don’t know if I want to use a scope on this rifle or not.

Comment

I will go with probably. But, by the time you put it on top of a weaver mount, you will more than likely need a taller front sight too

Comment

Thought about a reflex sight ?

Comment

No I haven’t really thought about a reflex sight. I emailed them and asked if it would work on my rifle. I wondered about my front sight also.

Comment

It could work but you will need to change out the front sight for a taller one...from the looks of that rifle a much taller one.

Comment

I personally never been a fan of PEEP sights..Plenty people LOVE them...so I guess its a personal thing (to each his own)

Comment

It says it will attach to any Weaver style base, I would think it should work.

I've always like peep sights. I had a Williams on my Marlin for years, and my Eddystone still wears a Redfield that my great uncle put on it back in the late 40's. My 96 Mauser still has the factory peep. They all work pretty darn well.

You'll want to try different apertures, find the one that you can see through, get enough light, and still be accurate.

My only question, is whether you can adjust or replace the front sight if necessary, so it compliments the rear peep.

Comment

If you don't swap the front sight to one compatible with the taller rear, you won't be able to zero the rifle, and will shoot high, maybe way high depending on how much taller front sight is needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X