Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone un-loaded baseball cards recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Ricky Henderson rookie card. My little brother found it and sold it for $150 bucks or so about years ago. I’m still ****** about it.

Comment

Anyone un-loaded baseball cards recently?

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Quite the collection. I have some and my son enjoys going through them. He always wants to buy more. Lol

I wasted a lot of allowance on cards!

I did too. Every time we stopped at a gas station when I was a kid, to get dad a 6 pack and a payday, and me a butterfinger and a Dr Pepper, he'd let me grab a pack or two. When I started working when I was 10, every Friday on the way home mom would take me to the card shop in Keller. It was owned by a jackass old yankee named Harry Meagher, but I think before that it was owned by an old bricklayer named Pick. Pick was a good dude, last I heard he was working for my now competition in the stone business.

Looking back through them has brought back a lot of good old memories.

I think I'm gonna keep most of the sets, and the ones pictured....just because.

I'll give away the rest, probably something decent in them too. Probably not many that kids now would recognize though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-13-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Keep them and someday after you’re dead and gone someone will appreciate them regardless of the dollar value but because they were grand pappy Mosers cards from when he was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Legend

Yep. I probably have most of those, and then some.

Comment

I got the same call recently. Went through them, I have a ton of Nolan, none of them are worth much. You have way better cards than me!

Comment

Awesome Collection Dale!

I've got a few thousand basketball cards from early 90's fleer ultra and upper deck a few complete sets, complete subsets lots of Michael Jordan,
              Some shaquille O'Neal rookie cards.
              Sets in sheets in notebooks, anything that was worth $20 to $100+ are in hard plastic individual case. Lots of cards in single stack boxes. Whole collection is in a 3'x3' box that weighs about 60# .
              Also a few years,of monthly beckett price guides from the same era.
              I can't decide if I should find a buyer or just hang on to them.
              Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 02-14-2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

If anyone has a bunch of cards they want to unload and isn't too far out of the Houston area I'd be interested as long as you're not asking too much. My old man loves them, and baseball is our common ground since he doesn't hunt so I'm always looking for cards for him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I wasn't a big time collector, but my cards from back in the 60's are still in the cigar box I kept them in. Have a few good ones like Nolan Ryan rookie card, Reggie Jackson rookie card and a couple more. Have some of the metal disk/coins that came with them too. No sets. Just cards a kid collected back in the day.

Comment

I’ve got an huge collection as well but I was also told they aren’t worth anything. Will just hang on to them maybe for my grandkids.

Comment

brings back memories!

Comment

Jack Clark...You always knew he would make something happen at the plate when he got up. Solid hitter. Big into drag racing.
                        So many marketing ploys to sell sell sell. It worked. Card collecting was big.
                        Remember Wacky Packs?
                        I still have a bunch of my cards also(70's and 80's). One thing I did while working throughout the years in sporting arenas, I have had a bunch of my 70's era cards signed by the players. Older players. Like Joe Torre and Ozzie Smith ect. Those are worth. I'll say this right now...Joe Morgan is a arrogant SOB. Met many sports stars, he was the worst.

Comment

Years ago my Mom called and said she was cleaning out the attic and did I want my baseball cards.

Most all from the 1950s - Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and a bunch of others - lots of memories. My Mantle was worth $500 at one time but have not checked lately.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Huntingfool; 02-14-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Do you think a Nolan Ryan rookie card is worth anything? I also have a Cal Ripkin rookie card.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                              Keep them and someday after you’re dead and gone someone will appreciate them regardless of the dollar value but because they were grand pappy Mosers cards from when he was a kid.
                              I've pared down my collection a little bit, but I still have several early-mid 80s full sets and some individual cards boxed up. I hang onto them hoping maybe they'll have a little sentimental value long after I'm gone.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Trying to figure that out now. Steve and I inherited my dads collection. He had complete sets x2 from late 70's to the early 80's. He saved a set for each of us. Lot of other older cards with autographs. He had a POS steel a binder full of his older cards back in the 90's. He was down in his back and out of work for a while. Not in his right mind he let the guy take them to appraise them. If I could only find that POS.

Comment

Working...
                                X