Meat Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Grinder

I've had 4 deer processed this year, and getting ready to have an axis made into burger. I PLAN, on building a smoke house with the help of swampranger and his kids, (they don't know about this yet), but until then I'm stuck getting my meat processed. Since I'm just making burger, I figured I could do this myself. Any recommendations on a meat grinder for hamburger?

Cabelas 1HP

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      Cabelas 1HP
      This. I have the 3/4 hp and its plenty, but you could really grind some meat with a little more power.

Comment

This is what I'm getting.

Comment

Goto alliedkenco.com. Sounds like you are going to do around 10 critters a year. I'd invest in something quality. I did this 15 years ago and glad I did.

Comment

check out Heinsohn's country store. It's in Frelsburg Tx. www.texastastes.com

Comment

Go to;

Www.johnmfcolemanshouse.and do it

Comment

Lmao

Comment

We have the 1 3/4 HP cabelas grinder and it has been great. We do 15-20 deer a year though.

For your numbers I would but he 1 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWTIE DRYVA View Post
                    I have the lem big bite and it's a hawse. Wife had actually bought the smaller version.

She got it home and it crapped out half way thru a deer. She took it back that night and the academy manager upgraded us free of charge. It will do a cubed whitetail in less than 20 minutes.

I also recommend a foot pedal!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the 1/2 hp one from Northern Tool and it's worked great for me for a lot of years now. It's less than $100 right now. It will grind about as fast as I can put the meat in, which is all I really need for 5 or 6 hogs and deer per year. You can spend a lot more, but unless you're killing a whole lot of animals, it's probably not worth the extra expense to save yourself five or ten minutes per animal. They all do the same thing in the end... turn chunks of meat into ground meat. It's just a matter of how fast they do it.

Comment

cabelas! I have the 1HP and it does great, but I would recommend bigger, for no other reason than bigger has to be better

Comment

I've got the 1HP Cabelas commercial grade and couldn't imagine needing bigger. But that being said, we do 4 or 5 deer a year, not 20 like others have said. I fed the grinder an entire buck backstrap one time and it darn near jerked it out of my hand it grinded it so fast.

Comment

I got the kitchenaid FGA food grinder attachment for my wife's mixer and did hind quarters last night. It was about $35

Comment

Working...
                            X