Will he make AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will he make AR

I chased this buck all last season with no luck . I have a shed from 2 yrs ago. Do to buying a house haven't get in woods very little . Checked camera right after thanksgiving and my heart sank as I think he has grown himself illegal in ar county. That night I had him @200 yards & passed him due to not thinking he was legal . Yesterday went to check camera I think he might be legal but not sure and don't really know how you would measure him . What does the green screen think?
    Attached Files

From those pics no

Comment

Here is a couple pic from last year
      Attached Files

Comment

nope

Comment

Hard to tell but I doubt it.

Comment

It would be tough to measure it, but I don't think he does. Hopefully he doesn't mess up his rack in velvet next year, and it grows back as more typical and helps his spread increase.

Comment

If you go with the hypotenuse, he just might make it!
              Attached Files

Comment

I think so. Inside spread is the distance between beams. Because one is much higher, the measurement will be longer.

Comment

I would think measuring from inside MB to indside MB he would. No he isnt outside the ears but with the deformity of the antlers I think he would considering the antler swoops forward and the other back.

Wouldnt be the first time im wrong so enlighten me on how measurement would be taken.

Comment

I think he will, gonna be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                      If you go with the hypotenuse, he just might make it!
                      Exactly... I think you can take that measurement. Am I wrong?

Comment

Palmetto nailed it! He's pretty close!

Comment

Will he make AR

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Exactly... I think you can take that measurement. Am I wrong?

I'm almost 100% certain that is the measurement you would take for inside spread.
                          Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-18-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Well... technically, the law states that the measurement is taken from widest point to widest point. It does not state that the measurement must be on a horizontal plane relative to the deers head. Therefore, a diagonal line between the widest point of one antler to the widest point of the other may be 13"..... I know it's a stretch, a game warden may/probably not see it that way,
                            and I'm no attorney but you'd prolly have a fighting chance if you were ticketed and he is 13" from widest to widest.

Comment

He is legal. That is an older deer too. Take him.

Comment

Working...
                              X