Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed and passed along.

Comment

Signing the whitehouse link will get you nothing.

Comment

Appreciate the link and typed letter for the ATF! Sent tons of messages thru my Florida politicians, the ones for Texas, GOA, NRA and NAGR. Hopefully it makes a difference.

Comment

Signed-emails sent to congressmen, and will be commenting directly to the ATF as per there "comment submissions" mentioned in their bulletin.

Comment

I don't typically write congressmen, but here is what I'm sure is a cookie cutter response I received today.

Thank you for contacting me regarding recent actions by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE). I share your concerns and appreciate having the benefit of your comments on these important matters.

As you may know, Congress passed the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act (LEOPA) in 1986 to protect law enforcement officers from “armor piercing” ammunition, but importantly exempted ammunition “primarily intended for sporting purposes,” to account for the fact that sporting rifle ammunition could potentially be fired from handguns. Unfortunately, on February 13, 2015, the BATFE announced it would attempt to ban the manufacture and importation of certain ammunition by changing the way it interprets the LEOPA “sporting purposes” exemption.

I believe the BATFE is abusing its authority by interpreting the meaning of “sporting purposes” under LEOPA in this way, and am sending a letter to BATFE Director Todd Jones in opposition to this proposal.

As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard law-abiding citizens’ constitutional right to own and use firearms for lawful purposes. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms. Furthermore, as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has primary jurisdiction over the BATFE, I will continue working with my colleagues to provide oversight of this agency.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
            JOHN CORNYN
            United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
            Washington, DC 20510
            Tel: (202) 224-2934
            Fax: (202) 228-2856
            English En Español Learn About John See John’s Position on Key Issues Explore Our Services Find Contact Info Read the Latest News Follow Facebook Youtube Instagram Flickr Important Updates Assistance for Texans in Israel, hurricane preparedness tips, and more. Read Important Updates Get Help Need Assistance With a Federal Agency? See How Senator Cornyn Can […]

Comment

I got the EXACT same boiler plate response.

Cornyn is as worthless as teats on a boar hog.

Comment

I doubt there is any way he could respond to every email personally and get anything accomplished.

Comment

Done

Comment

Done

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I got the EXACT same boiler plate response.

Cornyn is as worthless as teats on a boar hog.
                      Mike, I 100% agree with you, but unfortunately, he's "our man".... Let's hope he will at least try to support the millions of Texas he's supposed to on this issue.

Comment

Petition to stop BATFE

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Mike, I 100% agree with you, but unfortunately, he's "our man".... Let's hope he will at least try to support the millions of Texas he's supposed to on this issue.

Sorry Charlie Cornyn has proven enough times to me that he does not support the best interest of his constituents. I have no faith that he will do anything to support us in this other than lip service just like this email.

Hoping that they will do the right thing has gotten us exactly where we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Sorry Charlie Cornyn has proven enough times to me that he does not support the best interest of his constituents. I have no faith that he will do anything to support us in this other than lip service just like this email.

Hoping that they will do the right thing has gotten us exactly where we are today.
                          He will retire at the end of this term because he was almost ousted in the primaries last year. Hes screwing us before cutting loose.

Comment

Signed

Comment

Working...
                            X