Putting Freezer in the Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting Freezer in the Shop?

My wife is wanting to add built in bench/shoe holder/coat rack type set up to our house plans. Best place for this would be the utility/mud room, but the way it is layed out there really isn't a good place to put it. I currently have a huge stand up freezer in the plans in there, and I am considering putting it in the shop to clear up space in the utility room. I am not concerned with the freezer being too far away from the kitchen, but I am wondering if the freezer would be ok in a non-climated controlled shop that is foam insulated?

It will be fine I have 3 no prob

Comment

I have had my freezer on my back porch for over a year now while we work on the house, and it is working just fine.

Bisch

Comment

I have mine in the detached garage her eat home. The big new stand up I have runs at -20 even when its 1000 degrees in there like the last few days.

Now my ice machine has to work harder since the ice melts in the bin.

Comment

My big stand up is in my garage and runs just fine. Been there for 4 years now.

Comment

I have 3 chest freezers, 1 upright freezer, 1 refrigerator and an ice maker in my shop.
            As Stolle said, the only one that has problems is the ice maker. The freezers are all fine.

Comment

One chest freezer and an fridge/freezer in my shop area as well here. No issues. Fridge is 16 years old bought brand new and still running like a top..

Comment

Same experience as these fellas. One in garage one in barn

Comment

Mine is in the garage at the house. Been like that for 20 plus years with no problems I’m aware of.

Comment

Will be fine

Comment

I have one in my garage with no insulation; it does just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
                        I have one in my garage with no insulation; it does just fine.
                        This. I have had no issues with mine in the 3 years it’s been out there

Comment

My chest freezer has been in my detached uninsulated garage for about 20 years....still purring.

Comment

Mine is in garage and does fine, gets really hot in there and i have had no issues.

Comment

Same here...2 freezers in the garage. No problems

Comment

Working...
                              X