Traveling with Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with Boat

When you go out of town with your boat, do you keep it attached to your tow vehicle at all times?

Want to plan a trip to Corpus area and curious what other folks do to keep the boat secure.

Besides locking the trailer tongue, what else do you do over night, or if you want to un-hitch the boat and trailer to go drive somewhere to eat.

Leave it attached to the truck, lock the hitch, park it in the brightest area of the parking lot possible, and remove everything that is not permanently installed (navigation, etc). I also try to park it where another vehicle is directly behind it if possible. As with anything else, if a thief wants it bad enough, they will get it.

Comment

I would leave it hooked up all the time. Never did feel great about leaving my boat where I couldn't see it. Always something on there somebody wants it seems.

Comment

I unhook. Not dragging 22 foots all over town. Most times we are in rented houses on the water or at a buddies in POC. Usually around like minded people are around. I'll lock rod boxes, remove fish finder and trolling motor. I have an igloo chest under the leaning post and no one wants those

Comment

Boot lock + Tongue lock

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Boot lock + Tongue lock
            X2, and remove anything that can walk off while it's sitting unattended.

Comment

Working...
            X