Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they say...."not all snakes are deadly"...yeah, right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

One of the guys who works for me got bit by a little rattler last weekend. He was cleaning out the flower bed at his house, it was under a rose bush. Just got him with one fang, but it took 14 vials of anti-venom at approximately 10K a pop to make things right. He is fine now, being only 5 minutes from the ER really helped. Not a fun experience for him though.

Comment

They are all cobras!

Comment

those are my numbers on meds Mary sorry u went thru that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            It still freaks me out when they surprise me. Usually weedeating in flip flops and step on, or next to them.

I'll never get used to a snake surprising me, ever.
            I'm with ya Dale. I'm not scared of any of them, but don't like any attempted sudden surprise escapes by them.....

Comment

The only wat to ever over come this fear is to get yourself a pet snake. You can start out with a rubber snake at first before getting a Rat Snake. I'm sure members would supply the needed speciems....

Comment

I read "cottonmouth squirrel" and said What?
                Read it again and chuckled.

Comment

Reading that just gives me the heebeejeebees!! I'm not a fan of snakes either and as far as I am concerned this is MY yard and they need to stay the hell out! They know this as I have very loudly informed them of this in the past - usually followed up by birdshot.
                  Thank goodness for all the road runners, fox and other critters around my place that I have not seen a snake in quite a while.

Comment

Closest I came to death from a snake was from a 6-foot chicken snake. I was shredding pastures and somehow that dang snake manages to get on the tractor and head for my seat. I NEARLY jumped off before realizing the shredder would have run over me.... Then I had to get a 6-foot snake out from under a Massey 1100 seat and that is not easy to do....

Comment

Come on, Mary. Surely there's a security camera with video (and no sound).

Glad you made it out unscathed though! I stepped on a 4' long coachwhip at the lease the other day. I didn't break stride though. If he'd wrapped around my leg, it probably would have been different.

But when I walk through a spider web...... I guarantee you that your dance was nothing compared to me trying to get a spider off of me.
                      Last edited by Shane; 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

in the same boat. no snakes for me.

Comment

I am not scared of snakes at all, but if I stepped on one and it wrapped on my leg I am sure I would break a few bones getting out of there. it is the unexpected that scares me.

Comment

Did they look like this?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1667.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	24542292

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It still freaks me out when they surprise me. Usually weedeating in flip flops and step on, or next to them.

I'll never get used to a snake surprising me, ever.
                              I agree...once I know it's there, I have zero problem. But when it takes me by surprise?!? Yeah, that'll get the Ol ticker racing

Comment

I'm so glad you survived the cowardly attack by that snake Mary.

Comment

Working...
                                X