Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you be upset if this happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Teach the nephew to fix it. Pull out what you can, fill the rest, sand, stain and clearcoat. Lots of good skills there and some great memories for you two. And give him the $25 to spend at academy. Winning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This right here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

He did right. He gave you a choice. You chose the red pill.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        He did right. He gave you a choice. You chose the red pill.
        and received neither ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          $25 i agreed on and he never sent ? ... i can see sending the whole gun back and never seeing my money back either ... pretty hard to trust someone considering what has already happened.
          You said its been "almost" a week and already claiming it was never sent. A week ago was just after Christmas and right before New Years. Don't lose all "trust" in this fella just yet man.

Comment

I'd have sent it back to him. You purchased a gun in a certain condition, but the condition it arrived in was not as advertised. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
              I'd have sent it back to him. You purchased a gun in a certain condition, but the condition it arrived in was not as advertised. It sucks, but it is what it is.
              yeah i hear you , but he didn't send the $25 , what makes you think he'd send $200? I think i won't hear from this guy again .... just got to take it for what it is and move on ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                This was supposed to be a gift for my nephew... as his first rifle.
                I see where you are coming from and appreciate your reply on my thread.

To be fair your nephew is going to put some dings in it too. Browning .22?

I would try to put a leather cheek pad on it to cover it or try to get the dings out yourself. Maybe carve the kids name in it over the dings, or maybe his initials. Or just put a TBH sticker on it.

Comment

He offered a full refund, if you aren't happy return it and buy another. No reason to be mad at him.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    I would have returned it and found another one.
                    me too.

Comment

Did you use an FFL?

Comment

For $175 it's a great first rifle. It will be his only rifle for a while, and though you didn't mention your nephew'es age, if he is young, he will beat the rifle up just by normal hunting.

It would be a shame if you gave him a beautiful first rifle that he was too scared to take into the woods, or if he beat it up so bad he would be ashamed if you saw it.

I do know how you feel about buying something then it gets blemished. That used to really bug me when I was young.

Comment

Dude, it's been less than a week during the busiest mail time of the year and you had a no mail holiday thrown in the mix. At this point, you're overreacting.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            Teach the nephew to fix it. Pull out what you can, fill the rest, sand, stain and clearcoat. Lots of good skills there and some great memories for you two. And give him the $25 to spend at academy. Winning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            X2

Life is too short ... fix it and move on...It won't affect the way it shoots. He will still love it.
                            One of my best shooting rifles is ugly and marred and its the one I go to in a pinch. You are giving this way too much of your energy... you get the opportunity to let him have a great rifle/shotgun and also get to show him how to repair one should one should ever accidentally get damaged...

Comment

He offered to return the gun and you said no? And you're still mad?

Comment

For $200, even if its a 22 its a good price. Get some stain and poly, and call it good. For a kids first gun, its going to get beat up.

Comment

Working...
                                X