Neighbor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
    What about the law that says no feeder or stand within 100 yards of property line?
    Care to enlighten us about this law, and provide the statute

Cue Judge Smells saying, "Well......we're waiting!!"
    Last edited by HeyMikey; 12-08-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

What about the law that says no feeder or stand within 100 yards of property line?
      Haha

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...as-in-counties

he needs 10 acres according to tpwd depending on county... maybe print this out and drop in his mailbox
        maybe read it first:
        hunt in a subdivision on lots 10 acres or less in an unincorporated area of a county if the commissioners court, by order, prohibits the discharge of a firearm or the use of archery equipment in such subdivisions. (Contact local county clerk and ask about §235.022, Local Government Code.)

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
          seconded. is it?

Comment

Sorry a bill was introduced in ‘05 prohibiting feeders and stands within 100 yards of fence. I thought it had passed

Comment

Never heard of that law. I am on property lines on a daily bases and I have seen a lot of stands and feeders on property lines.

Comment

Sorry a bill was introduced in ‘05 prohibiting feeders and stands within 100 yards of fence. I thought it had passed
                I'd break that law every day and sunday if it had passed....with a smile on my face. Good thing that type of nonsense did go very far

Comment

Someone introduced that bill but it never made it to the floor.

Comment

I told my neighbor anytime he needs to cross my fence to do so, no need to call me.
                    Hell if he just wants to walk in a bigger circle go for it.
                    He has a feeder and ladder stand about 20 yds from our fence. also told him that if he was going to be hunting on a particular day let me know and I'd keep the kids out of the back part of the property so as to not disturb his hunt.

Comment

Neighbor question

Wow, some of you guys crack me up. I never said I was going to do anything or expect anything from the guy. I just think it would be a good idea to get to know your neighbors if you are going to be shooting deer that are "unless spined" are going to end up dying on one of your neighbors places. I hunt almost 5000 acres total and I have called every surrounding neighbor on every small "under 100 acres" place hunt to let them know Where I am hunting and asked if it would be ok to track on their property. If not I wouldn't hunt it because my chances of recovering would be pretty slim. I Posted on here to see if the majority of people do the same, but as usual just get a bunch of smart *** comments how the guy can hunt as close to my property and pretty much do what he wants after the deer runs over and dies in my or my neighbors yard. What if the neighbor is an anti hunter that would never let you step foot on his place, you just shot a deer that will die for no reason or you just don't care and would probably trespass anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Christianhuff; 12-08-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Also never said anything was wrong with him having a feeder or decoy next to my property line or that I care if he hunts his property. The point is, that in a patch of woods that's maybe 30x50ft. That actually is in a point and my property is on both sides of the point. The whole issue is that the guy has a lot higher probability that the deer will die somewhere else and I personally wouldn't hunt it without knowing ahead of time that I could get permission to recover a deer I shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                          seconded. is it?

Negative, that guy didn't own any land that had any woods on it and was trespassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                            Also never said anything was wrong with him having a feeder or decoy next to my property line or that I care if he hunts his property. The point is, that in a patch of woods that's maybe 30x50ft. That actually is in a point and my property is on both sides of the point. The whole issue is that the guy has a lot higher probability that the deer will die somewhere else and I personally wouldn't hunt it without knowing ahead of time that I could get permission to recover a deer I shot.

So if he shoots a deer and it runs onto your place or the other 700 acres you have permission to hunt are you going to give him permission to recover his deer?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                              So if he shoots a deer and it runs onto your place or the other 700 acres you have permission to hunt are you going to give him permission to recover his deer?

I would, but not asking is an assumption that Anyone would. When there is almost a 100 percent chance you have to cross a property line to recover a deer, you should double check to make sure there is a chance you can get the opportunity to recover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                                I would, but not asking is an assumption that Anyone would. When there is almost a 100 percent chance you have to cross a property line to recover a deer, you should double check to make sure there is a chance you can get the opportunity to recover it.

What is the problem then???

I agree with you it is pretty presumptuous that people will be nice and have hunting ethics. What does that say about the world in general??

Comment

Working...
                                X