Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
    Where can you buy 80 gal drums at?
    Where can you get these 80-85 barrels ???

Comment

take a gallon jug of milk .. empty of course ... fill it with corn ... weight it .. then multiply ! that will get you the correct answer ...

if you just want to ball park it so you know how much corn to buy ... around 10 bags would theoretically fill it , so buy 9 and mark how high it filled it up .. then you know for next time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        I'm hoping to find a used one I can refurbish. They are obviously proud of the new ones....

I have a feed project for my new pig place and I'd like a little more capacity but not times the cost capacity..

Comment

I have one more drum, I was thinking about making another feeder though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I'm hoping to find a used one I can refurbish. They are obviously proud of the new ones....

I have a feed project for my new pig place and I'd like a little more capacity but not times the cost capacity..
            Where are you finding them new at?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I have never seen one. Well, I guess I never asked or noticed if they were 85ers.

How much are they new?

For the extra poundage you can get in one it might be worth it in the long run. Our 55 barrels with funnels hold #300 +/-. So if these with funnels hold #500+/- that's another 3 weeks between 3 hour drives!

Comment

Originally posted by Cisco Jack View Post
                If 55 gallon drum holds 350#, then an 80 gallon drum will hold 509#.
                No funnel.
                This

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                  Where can you buy 80 gal drums at?
                  Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  Here ya go...hard to find refurbished 85gal barrels and new ones are pricey that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X