Single Site Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Site Pins

Thinking hard about making the change. Those who use them, which ones do you recommend and why?

Gearing up for Alberta in fall and looking to make equipment changes this spring to get prepared.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

I made the switch because I targeted long range mule deer last season. Used a CBE TEK-hybrid Pro. And I love everything about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are great until you forget to adjust the pin

Comment

I have a PSE Slider, its identical to a HHA 5519, but it didn't come with site tapes. I had to make my own. My son has the HHA 5519 and really likes it.

Comment

HHA 5019 has been an awesome fit for me!

Comment

My brother has two different hha sights and loves them. I’ve shot his bow a couple times and if I made the switch prob go hha. I’ve read that a lot of people also like spot hogg but never shot a bow with one.

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
              They are great until you forget to adjust the pin
              My wife would agree.

I have been shooting a hha of one form or another for at least 10 years without an issue. I would say the average archer won't need to adjust much (if any) till 30+ yards. The buck in my avatar came in at 32 and I was set to 25. It's not hard to learn a hold over to about 40 with my set up.

That said if I was to head west for elk or any other stalk hunt I'd prolly find a multi pin. Only for the reason if the animal ran a few extra yards after I drew.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be making the switch this year myself. I’m going to go with the HHA optimizer lite ultra 5019. Heard nothing but great things.

Not to hijack thread, but Does anyone know if extra spacers will be needed to mount a tight spot quiver on this sight? It seems some folks have issues mounting certain quivers on these 1 pin adjustables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my double pin spot hog fast Eddie xl

Comment

I went that way years ago but have since come back to multi-pin, though with just a couple. Now, I buy the sight I like, whether it's because of the light, the pins, construction, adjustability and then remove the pins I don't want. On the Apex sights I've owned, that's been very simple. Most came with 5 pins and I removed 2 or 3 of them from the sight.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                      Love my double pin spot hog fast Eddie xl
                      Ive been looking at these. Glad to see some positive feedback about it.

Comment

BACK GOLD accent verdict.

Comment

Been using one for years. I'm using the Truglo. Probably the cheapest one. You can sure spend a bundle on one...LOL

Comment

Fast eddie. My trip to Colorado got me thinking about going back to a multi pin. I think the single is great for stand hunting and target shooting where you have known distances and time to make adjustments but for situations where things happen fast having set pins and gaps has its benefits.

Comment

I switched to single pin several years ago due to my aging eyes. Multi pins were blurry and just all ran together. I have always used HHA.

This being said, with all the money you have Gary, you should buy this when it hits the market:

Garmin Xero A1 and A1i, two groundbreaking auto-ranging digital laser bow sights that automatically measure the distance to a target and provide a precise, virtual lighted pin for the shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X