thumb release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
    I have a Truball Sabretooth that I really like.

Have one and love it but they don't make them anymore I should have bought 2 years ago.

Comment

All the above posts are right. They are great, and I much prefer shooting one as opposed to a trigger release. My personal favorite (i.e., fits my hand) is the Spott Hogg Whipper Snapper. Makes shooting much more fun and enjoyable.
      Mitch

Comment

You get what you pay for from my experience. Most important thing is that it fits your hand. Also, the length of the extension is something to look at...

Comment

If your going to use it also while you hunt id recommend getting one that completely closes around the D loop and not one that just has the open hook.

I have a Stan Shootoff and when I get in stand I just click it on the d loop and let it hang if I need to shoot I don't have to worry about getting it on the loop in low light situations because it's already on it.

If possible try shoot a 3 finger release and 4 finger. First one I bought was a 4 finger then I tried a 3 finger and liked it much better. So ended up buying two and those things arn't cheap.

Comment

Thumb releases

Question for those that went from finger to thumb releases. I seem to be releasing/misfiring when I pull back. I've bloodied my nose and lost probably 6 arrows trying to learn how to use the thumb release. Anybody have any tips or found a good guide to help a newbie out?

Comment

Does anyone have any input on the TRU Ball Fang 4

Comment

Originally posted by HuttoHunter View Post
                Question for those that went from finger to thumb releases. I seem to be releasing/misfiring when I pull back. I've bloodied my nose and lost probably 6 arrows trying to learn how to use the thumb release. Anybody have any tips or found a good guide to help a newbie out?
                Draw with your thumb BEHIND the barrel (I keep light pressure on the barrel from the backside as I draw, to keep any misfires from happening). Bring it around to shoot as you get to anchor.

That will become your safety.

Comment

Though fit is important, most forget that the heart of the release is the most critical.
                  Carter has long been the leader with the internals. There should be no trigger movement, it is fired or isn't, no movement. If you feel movement your mind will leave the aiming and go to the release.
                  Also important are the materials used. In testing other brands I noticed the trigger changed. This often means wear on inferior materials.
                  Last year I sent 6 releases back to Carter. Some were deleated releases, they cleaned them and returned them to me for no charge.

Comment

Carter Simple 1 and Attraction what i use, due to accident 2yrs ago almost loosing my trigger finger...worth every penny!

Comment

Carter has adjustable trigger
                      Last edited by BUCKENVY; 05-21-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X