Best .30 cal suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Seems to be many happy people with an Omega 300.

I called them and the guy was very nice and knowledgeable. Answered all my questions and knew what he was talking about.

Other then that i do not know about them.
    Spend some time on suppressortalk.com and AR15.com, and you will find that Silencerco is not well thought of. Try to find someone who has had a bad experience with Thunderbeast. I've never seen one, and they dominate the precision rifle crowd. I have Silencerco, Gemtech, and Thunderbeast, and the only one I wouldn't buy from again is Silencerco.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Spend some time on suppressortalk.com and AR15.com, and you will find that Silencerco is not well thought of. Try to find someone who has had a bad experience with Thunderbeast. I've never seen one, and they dominate the precision rifle crowd. I have Silencerco, Gemtech, and Thunderbeast, and the only one I wouldn't buy from again is Silencerco.
      Things I like to hear. Telling sign. Thanks

I do need to get on some of those sights.

Gemtech One seems to be popular, just have to buy a QD mount with that one as it is not included.

Comment

Things I like to hear. Telling sign. Thanks

I do need to get on some of those sights.

Gemtech One seems to be popular, just have to buy a QD mount with that one as it is not included.
        If you are only going to buy one suppressor for multiple calibers, go with one of the hybrids for sure.

Comment

If you are only going to buy one suppressor for multiple calibers, go with one of the hybrids for sure.
          Like which one? What exactly is a hybrid?

Yes I plan on buying only 1 and switching it off between AR rifles. And then getting my .257 threaded so I can use it deer hunting next year also

Comment

The Gemtech One is one. If you want to use a suppressor on multiple platforms, it needs to be at least .30 caliber (I use a .45 on my .300 blackout) and it should have a quick detach, as thread patterns differ between the different calibers, so a direct thread would have to have pain in the *** thread adapters without a QD. Silencerco makes the Hybrid 46, but, as stated, I'm not a fan of Silencerco. Do some research, talk to Silencershop, and really make an educated choice, because once you apply for that stamp, there's no going back.

Comment

My experiences with Silencerco have been less than spectacular. I have a 7.62SD which chronically loosens and has been repaired once, but hoops had to be jumped through, and there was no admission of a design flaw. Ask virtually anyone who has a Silencerco suppressor that uses a 51T mount, and they will tell you all about it.
              I am not following you. The 7.62SD is an AAC suppressor, not SilencerCo. You also reference 51T, that also was/is an AAC design. Since Remington now owns AAC I am not surprised you have had warranty issues.

SilencerCo does sell adapters for that mounting system but it is not their design.

Comment

The Gemtech One is one. If you want to use a suppressor on multiple platforms, it needs to be at least .30 caliber (I use a .45 on my .300 blackout) and it should have a quick detach, as thread patterns differ between the different calibers, so a direct thread would have to have pain in the *** thread adapters without a QD. Silencerco makes the Hybrid 46, but, as stated, I'm not a fan of Silencerco. Do some research, talk to Silencershop, and really make an educated choice, because once you apply for that stamp, there's no going back.
                Will do. Yes I plan on going the QD route.

Yes I plan on using a 7.62/.308 suppressor so I can use it with anything up to a .308 as I won't be shooting anything bigger then that.

Comment

talk to Silencershop,
                  This is very telling, I talked earlier in this thread about the rift between SilncerCo and SilencerShop. I would not listen to what they now have to say about SilencerCo.

Further, you just made a case about SilencerCo based on an AAC suppressor. I am confused.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    I am not following you. The 7.62SD is an AAC suppressor, not SilencerCo. You also reference 51T, that also was/is an AAC design. Since Remington now owns AAC I am not surprised you have had warranty issues.

SilencerCo does sell adapters for that mounting system but it is not their design.
                    Sorry, meant AAC. My bad. I have a silencerco Octane .45 that I'm not enamored with, but I haven't had any issues with it or the company.

Comment

Sorry, meant AAC. My bad. I have a silencerco Octane .45 that I'm not enamored with, but I haven't had any issues with it or the company.
                      I am with you on the Octane. I think the idea to cover everything from .45 to sub sonic .300 was better on paper. My Octane .45 has not been used in years.

Comment

I am with you on the Octane. I think the idea to cover everything from .45 to sub sonic .300 was better on paper. My Octane .45 has not been used in years.
                        It's a decent pistol suppressor, but they promoted it for .300 blackout, and it's not at all impressive for that.

Comment

Anyone here use Thunderbeast ultra? How much is the POI shift with the can is installed? A can that requires a 2nd zero for when it's attached is no bueno
                          Last edited by bermise; 08-09-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                            Anyone here use Thunderbeast ultra? How much is the POI shift with the can is installed? A can that requires a 2nd zero for when it's attached is no bueno
                            Did you read the thread?? lol

That can is great for precision rifles. Someone mentioned no POI shift. However, I always see some POI shift when shooting suppressed regardless of the can. The key is that the shift is repeatable with every mount/unmount. Consistency is key and Thunderbeast has that nailed down.

I was not a fan of the original Saker ratchet mount for that very reason. I have moved all of my SilencerCo stuff over to the ASR mount and have found the POI shift to be very consistent.

Comment

Like which one? What exactly is a hybrid?

Yes I plan on buying only 1 and switching it off between AR rifles. And then getting my .257 threaded so I can use it deer hunting next year also
                              SilencerCo Hybrid

Comment

Did you read the thread?? lol

That can is great for precision rifles. Someone mentioned no POI shift. However, I always see some POI shift when shooting suppressed regardless of the can. The key is that the shift is repeatable with every mount/unmount. Consistency is key and Thunderbeast has that nailed down.

I was not a fan of the original Saker ratchet mount for that very reason. I have moved all of my SilencerCo stuff over to the ASR mount and have found the POI shift to be very consistent.
                                Yes I re-read where one guy mentioned no shift, but I didn't know they are titanium internals which I don't like. Their website states not to shoot more than 30 rounds at a time due to over heating.
                                I'm not big on dedicated bolt gun cans.

Comment

Working...
                                X