need high rack ideas/suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need high rack ideas/suggestions

I have a 4 ft x 6 ft platform that I want to make into a high rack for the bed of my truck.

How high should the shooting rail be from the floor?

I will probably get old office chairs (maybe 20" seat height).

I am a decent welder with my little hobart wire welder but I have only built a fire pit, a wood rack, and a few feeders.

Any and all ideas welcome!

can anyone suggest a good light to mount for hands free shooting?

Comment

I don't think I would use office chairs in the back of a truck. Buy some chaep boat seats that you can fasten to the floor. By doing this, you can measure the heigth of what your rails need to be.

Comment

i'm gonna take off the wheels and U-bolt them to the expanded metal flooring

I can get high back, armrest, and hydraulic adjustment chairs for $25 at a used office supply store

I'm gonna go with 38' height

I may have some pics soon. I thought there would be more ideas offered. I'm impatient so I made some decisions to go ahead and get started.

Comment

Do a search for hi-rack in the DIY forum. There is lots of them. I have done two myself.

Comment

When I built mine, the floor was even with the top of the bed. The rail is 40" maybe but don't quote me on that. I ended up raising it another foot. I used the plastic flip up boat seats at academy. The spotlight I have is a Magnalight 5mil CP and it has a threaded insert on the handle, you can get a screw in magnet from them as well. We also use the EWT 250s.

Comment

Working...
            X