Need Help with feeder lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with feeder lights

Looking to put up a feeder light for pig hunting. Anybody made their own? got pictures? What did you use?

Solar landscape lights

Comment

Any experience with any? Ive have bought a few for the house and they have sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Specktackulure View Post
        Solar landscape lights
        ^^^ this ^^^
        I got one from HomeDepot, the spot light kind. I put some green plastic over the lens. The whole feeder pen glows green like night vision. Just enough light to get the job done, and only $15.

Comment

This is what I did and they are still working great.

Comment

nice set up. Where did you put it? on top of the feeder?

Comment

Get a HCR feeder ligt for $110.Works all night every night.

Comment

hog lights and feeder lights for hunting hogs at night with a rifle or bow and blood trailing and tracking aids to mark the trail as well as camera mounts to film your hunt

Comment

This is what we did
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357777256.879296.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24157908

Comment

Yep--work well. These are combo of WM and Harbor Freight. Just bought a light at HD that has 10 LEDs --it was $40 but I'd rather have one to fool with than 4-5. These are on a 2x4 drilled for their bases, attached to a long piece of rebar with a simple screw to hold it to the rebar. Rebar is wire-tied to a t-post driven into the ground. I park about 130-140 yds from the feeder and knock 'em dead. Use a Leupold 3-9 with a heavy duplex reticle-easier to see.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      Yep--work well. These are combo of WM and Harbor Freight. Just bought a light at HD that has 10 LEDs --it was $40 but I'd rather have one to fool with than 4-5. These are on a 2x4 drilled for their bases, attached to a long piece of rebar with a simple screw to hold it to the rebar. Rebar is wire-tied to a t-post driven into the ground. I park about 130-140 yds from the feeder and knock 'em dead. Use a Leupold 3-9 with a heavy duplex reticle-easier to see.

I did something similar but with the bucket so it could be moved around. They've been out at our ranch since September and still going strong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	24157914

Comment

cool thanks everyone. great ideas.

Comment

Love these ideas!

Comment

Bought mine from Home Depot online recently. They have an online special on solar spotlight style landscape lights. $9.97. I bought 5. Gonna leave em white and see if they get used to em. Im on the rig right now but will check cameras when I get back. I have them zip-ties and taped to feeder legs as well as near by trees for different angles. Mine are 15 lumens and the solar panels can be adjusted so that they can face the sun.

Comment

Working...
                            X