Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
    Awesome stuff, what I'd give to know the stories behind those things.

Kind of funny to think about a bunch of Native Americans just walking around dropping arrowheads all over the place.
    LOL! Thats not exactly how it worked. This site has stacked civilization from present to 12,000 years ago.Lets just say there were an average of 20 Indians there and each broke/lost 25 points a year(im sure it was more) plus the stashes that were lost when he died. How many brodheads wopuld you loose a year if you bowhunted to survive?

Ok..Lets stick with 25. Thats 500 per year times 12,000 years equals 6,000,000 points!

Comment

I can't wait for the good stuff!!! Very inspiring story as well. 7ft...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
        I can't wait for the good stuff!!! Very inspiring story as well. 7ft...wow.
        Yeah, some paleo stuff down there. Gotta start down the hill and dig up to it though in order to let the hole drain. Otherwise my hole would be a pond when it rains. I made that mistake before.

Comment

Awesome man! I'd be thrilled with what you've already found. Can't wait to see what treasure you may find in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Yeah, some paleo stuff down there. Gotta start down the hill and dig up to it though in order to let the hole drain. Otherwise my hole would be a pond when it rains. I made that mistake before.
            Yessir. Can't wait to see whats deep.

Comment

Man the anticipation is killing me. This is exciting. I spent nearly a day just watching videos on youtube about excavating old indian sites.

Comment

So how do you know where you want to look? You said you drive down the road and see spots everywhere. What stands out to you? This is a great thread and I'll be following. Also, thanks for the testimonial.

Comment

Thanks Steve, This oughta be a sticky

Comment

Spent many hours in Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas and Mills counties looking. Can't image the possibilities of a virgin camp in sand.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                      So how do you know where you want to look? You said you drive down the road and see spots everywhere. What stands out to you? This is a great thread and I'll be following. Also, thanks for the testimonial.
                      Permanent water source is #1 I'm guessing the creek he is referring to is spring fed. Looks as though he is digging on a hill next to the creek. That's how we find camps here in cen-tex.

Comment

Good stuff Just Live!!!!

Comment

best live hunt in a long time...i'm a fan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                            Permanent water source is #1 I'm guessing the creek he is referring to is spring fed. Looks as though he is digging on a hill next to the creek. That's how we find camps here in cen-tex.
                            Right on the nose. There is a good spring fed creek that runs into a major creek about a quarter mile from there. The key to finding sites is to find a spot of ground close enough to a permanent water supply that you could carry water in a clay jar or skin bag, yet high enough that it doesnt flood. On plowed ground, a site will be gray looking in sand and lighter looking in black land.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
                              Yessir. Can't wait to see whats deep.
                              Well i know there is Plainview, Scottsbluff, and Andice, Lots of Wells points with heavy grinding too.

Comment

This is a great read. Your testimony is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X