New lease optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lease optimism

I did not hunt last year for the first time in 20 years. Lost our lease due to owners death and kids taking over at last minute. Had an opportunity to lease this place 2 days before gun season opener last year and passed because lack of time to get set up and having moved into our new home the week before. It was just bad timing for me and I had my plate pretty full. Fast forward a year later and the place is mine to hunt at last. Got feeders, cameras and blinds up about 6 weeks ago. Here are a couple of the best bucks so far. There are about 10 different bucks of different age groups so far with good numbers of does as well. The hogs show up about every other day but mostly at night. I am excited to hunt new property for the first time in 11 years.

I understand the excitement, good luck this year!

Comment

Get some pens up to keep the hogs uninterested and you're in business. Good luck !

Comment

Congrats on the new lease , how large of a place is it ? When the rut Kicks into High gear you will probably have new faces show up !!! Good Luck !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
          Congrats on the new lease , how large of a place is it ? When the rut Kicks into High gear you will probably have new faces show up !!! Good Luck !!!
          It is actually 2 places. 120+acres on one side of the road and 10 acres on the other. It is 100% cover(mesquites and hard woods) with big properties around us and with almost no houses. Closest house is over a mile and owner doesn`t come past gate to check on his 3 cows.

Comment

How'd did you find this place. Been in Stephenville over a year and haven't been able to find a lease yet.

Comment

Lucky.

Comment

Good luck with the new lease.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by FF36 View Post
                    How'd did you find this place. Been in Stephenville over a year and haven't been able to find a lease yet.
                    A good friend of mine who I have worked with and hunted on several leases with asked his neighbor for me since he knew I lost my lease. I turned it down last year and figured I made a mistake but he wasn`t looking to lease it until my friend approached him about it. It is tough finding a lease but I have always been lucky at finding one. I also ask about places to hunt even when I have a place to hunt.

Comment

Everytime I see t posts sticking up like that I get chills. Be careful filling your feeders and don't fall on those t post. Run them parallel with the feeder legs. Be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Everytime I see t posts sticking up like that I get chills. Be careful filling your feeders and don't fall on those t post. Run them parallel with the feeder legs. Be safe out there.
                        I have thought about that while climbing down from my tailgate more than once. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Good luck to you! New places are always exciting!

Comment

Congrats on the lease. Man, do you need a Sherpa to fill that feeder? It up there!

Comment

Working...
                            X