Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
    Well, airehead and I got a camper set up at the ranch today, set up a tripod right by the feeder for bow hunting, and a new covert cam!

Next up is pulling power to the camper, and building the corral trap around the feeder!
    Is that covert mounted with a t post camera mount? Good to see a picture of one in the field.

Comment

First one I've ever seen!

Comment

purrrrdy.....now a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Is that covert mounted with a t post camera mount? Good to see a picture of one in the field.
          No, but I am in desperate need of one!

Sell me a setup that will incorporate a security box for my covert, and a mounting solution for my solar panel!

Comment

just re-read your whole thread. lots of inspiration. curious how much you had in that blind for cost? not sure if I missed it. awesomeness

Comment

pm sent

Comment

If you hope to see more deer i think your gonna need to put hog panels around that feeder. Deer dont wanna come around a bunch of stinking pigs! Had the same problem on my lease, once we put the panels up the deer started coming back and the hogs moved on to an easier place to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
                  just re-read your whole thread. lots of inspiration. curious how much you had in that blind for cost? not sure if I missed it. awesomeness
                  All in all, it was about 1500, but it's 6x10 and will last a lifetime, so I'm pretty happy about the value.

The only remaining work I have to do on it is two more pieces of fascia, add soffits, and add some "storm windows" (plywood on hinges) to protect the windows for whenever the weather gets really nasty.

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  pm sent
                  Got it!

Originally posted by Grillndeer View Post
                  If you hope to see more deer i think your gonna need to put hog panels around that feeder. Deer dont wanna come around a bunch of stinking pigs! Had the same problem on my lease, once we put the panels up the deer started coming back and the hogs moved on to an easier place to eat.
                  I hear ya! It's a balancing act, because I want both of them there.

Comment

Between a Colorado trip, selling my house, moving from Round Rock to San Marcos, my third child being born, and starting a new job, I have been BUUUUUUUUSY!

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. But, I have good news!

First of all, I was able to get my entire East fenceline cleaned up, finally. A local guy with a big dozer came and did two passes, which came out to a gorgeous 20ft wide clearing, that stretches about 1500'.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Secondly, I GOT A CABIN! A coworker of mine has given me a 16x12 shed/cabin that needs some work, but is a whole lot more than starting from scratch!

Here's the scoop on it. A guy tried to add on an additional 10 feet so it, but did a mickey mouse job of it. So, I need to remove that part, and build out a new wall to replace it.

Aside from that, I just need to replace the shingles with tin, and finish out the inside. But, the walls and floors and roof are all solid and not rotted or otherwise screwed up!

It will be perfect for a few bunks, a table and a kitchenette!

SO EXCITED!

Comment

Secondly, I GOT A CABIN! A coworker of mine has given me a 16x12 shed/cabin that needs some work, but is a whole lot more than starting from scratch!

Here's the scoop on it. A guy tried to add on an additional 10 feet so it, but did a mickey mouse job of it. So, I need to remove that part, and build out a new wall to replace it.

Aside from that, I just need to replace the shingles with tin, and finish out the inside. But, the walls and floors and roof are all solid and not rotted or otherwise screwed up!

It will be perfect for a few bunks, a table and a kitchenette!

SO EXCITED!
                        Dang you have been busy! Been wondering how your ranch has been coming along. Congratulations on everything new in your life! Can't wait to see pictures of the cabin.

Comment

life seems to like you a bunch!..congrats to the whole family on #3!

Comment

Following.

Comment

Making good progress - time for a quick beer!!
                              Good lawd! Is that the blind or the cabin? That thing is huge!

Comment

Update on the cabin: it is about 12x28!

I need to rip out some moisture damaged cheapo peeling on the inside, and will likely end up just reskinning it in new plywood. But even so, the floor is solid and the roof is good as well!

So....anyone want to chip in on how to get it to the ranch?

Comment

Working...
                                X