Modifying Glock Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Glock Grip

Has anyone shorten the grip on a G17/G19 to accept G26 mags? If so, any regrets?

I shortened a G17 to accept G19 mags and loved it. I can’t imagine cutting it down to G26

Comment

Polymer80 now sells a G26. They are technically 80% lowers but ridiculously easy to build. I had mine done about 20-30 minutes using a hand drill and a Dremel. If you have a Gen3 you can use all of your current parts. It might be better to spend $150 on one than ruin your Glock frame. Just an idea.

Comment

Ive done the 17 to 19 cut down, then removed front finger grooves and stippled the grip. I like the way the gun feels but if I had to do it over again I would leave it alone. I also have a VP9 which is close to the same size as the cutdown 17 so it was kinda pointless for me to cut it. But at the time I trimmed the glock I didn’t have the HK so it made sense.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
            I shortened a G17 to accept G19 mags and loved it. I can’t imagine cutting it down to G26
            Reason would be concealment but am worried effects on how shooting. One site stated it doesn't (reduced a G17) but just curious on anyone here ...

Before anyone ask, I don't like the way a G26 feels while shooting which is reason why I don't carry one of them.

Comment

Are you thinking the longer slide will help a cut down shoot better than a 26? I think the grip length cut down to 26 is too short for a 17 slide. A 19 cut would be easier to manage I think. Also, an easily concealed gun doesn’t shoot as well as a full size range gun most of the time. The added grip length helps with gun control when you start shooting a few hundred rounds at a time. I think a 19 is a good happy medium for size and concealmeant ease. If you need something smaller I’d look into getting a 43 for carry, and a 19 for the range. Then if you need to carry the 19 it won’t be as hard to conceal as a full 17

Comment

Not 9mm, but I carry a G23. Easily concealable, and holds 13 rounds of .40 Is the mid size 9 the G22?
                If the reason to shorten one is concealability.
                I know, longer sight radius and more ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                  Not 9mm, but I carry a G23. Easily concealable, and holds 13 rounds of .40 Is the mid size 9 the G22?
                  If the reason to shorten one is concealability.
                  I know, longer sight radius and more ammo.
                  The 22 is a full size 40. Then 23 and 27.

9mm is 17,19,26,43.

Then there's the long slides. I had a 26 I never carried. Now have a 19 I shaved the finger grooves on. Then did under cut and stipple

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                    Are you thinking the longer slide will help a cut down shoot better than a 26?
                    That is what I've read.

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                    The added grip length helps with gun control when you start shooting a few hundred rounds at a time. I think a 19 is a good happy medium for size and concealmeant ease.
                    I agree, was just wondering about this topic. Current carrying AIWB with G19. Is comfortable enough and don't think I'll change .. was curious.

Comment

Working...
                    X