Escape from Texas summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Following! !! We are considering Beaver Creek or Vail (Eagle County ), but definitely need to be away part of the year. New Zealand or France are even in the mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That all seems like a good plan..... right up until that first grandkid hits the ground

I had dreamed of buying a farm in South Africa, 7 grandkids later I now know I will never leave Texas

Comment

Ruidoso New Mexico

Comment

Believe it or not, Truckee, CA is an awesome little town. I was in Lake Tahoe last month and fly fished the Truckee river. WOW! beautiful place.

Comment

West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            California........without a doubt
            Exactly my thought too.
            I hear it's a good place to live too.

Comment

Northern AZ has a mild climate. You can go as far North as Flagstaff if you really want to beat the heat. I guess it depends on what you like to do. Colorado is too liberal for me and Utah is just too weird although they are both beautiful.

Comment

I thought most of yall were moving to Canada after 1/20/17?

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                  x2. Colorado in the mountains during the summer time is about as good as it gets.
                  Yes, the mountains! Just going north doesn't guarantee relief. I'm headed to ND in just a few days, but the humidity in eastern ND can be almost as bad as here. Elevation is where it's at !

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                    Believe it or not, Truckee, CA is an awesome little town. I was in Lake Tahoe last month and fly fished the Truckee river. WOW! beautiful place.
                    All of Lake Tahoe is nice. I would live on the Nevada side.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anywhere with elevation. North doesn’t necessarily mean cooler summers. Must get into elevation.

I would look hard at Ruidoso, NM if it were me.
                      Last edited by Sleepy; 06-29-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Before my fishing and hunting days are over I will have a summer place in Pagosa Springs. And do a little skiing in the winter too. I love that country.

Comment

Maine Central coast, hands down!

Comment

If I had the ability, I would choose New Hampshire as my second home. Absolutely beautiful scenery and temps in summer. The state is very outdoor enthusiast friendly as well. Really clean public areas (camps, hiking, waters).

I have family friends that live in New England area so I have been many times and even lived in CT when I was a young adult.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                              Maine Central coast, hands down!
                              Can't beat this either.

Comment

I'm leaving for Colorado later this afternoon. Heading to the Delta area, which is kinda SW Colorado. Highs have been in the 90s there, and lows in the 60s. Not a whole lot of escape in that part of the state!

Comment

Working...
                                X