Abilene Tbot match March 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abilene Tbot match March 24

Abilene Bowhunters will be hosting a TBOT match on March 24th this year. Will be an excellent match with hunting style shots and a even a moving target. In the past there had been some talk of the shots being a little on the long side, these grumbles were heard and addressed, so if you weren't crazy about the set in the past, come on back, it is going to be a different match this year.

Texas Traditional Archery will have a booth with his excellent bows and others are welcome. If you are interested in having a booth PM me.

Also we are going to set a Bow/knife, trading/selling blanket for any shooters and guest wanting to do a little swapping and selling. We already have a few bows and knives ready to go on there and would love to be able to put more out. There is no cost to put your bows or knives out, so bring them and bring some money, no telling what you might find.

See you there

I'ma try to make this one.

I've always wanted to ask this:

Who the heck is RJH1 ?

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      I'ma try to make this one.

I've always wanted to ask this:

Who the heck is RJH1 ?

Rick
      Jerome Hargus, we shot together 20 or so years ago at a traditional match in Abilene, I still remember you center twelved a spinning turkey. Haden is my son, I think y'all have shot together several times. I had gotten out of archery for quite a while, and then restarted about 3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        Jerome Hargus, we shot together 20 or so years ago at a traditional match in Abilene, I still remember you center twelved a spinning turkey. Haden is my son, I think y'all have shot together several times. I had gotten out of archery for quite a while, and then restarted about 3 years ago
        Dang Rick. The legend continues to grow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah Yes.
          I remember you Jerome. Haden too.

Maybe we can hook up, and shoot together if I get to make it.

Rick

EDIT:
          P.S.

Put your name in your profile, and you won't confuse us old fellers so much.
          Last edited by RickBarbee; 02-06-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Dang Rick. The legend continues to grow.

It was pretty impressive. The turkey was on a record player, I remember it looking like it was set on 45, but is was probably 33. Either way it was spinning pretty good

Comment

Ah Yes.
              I remember you Jerome. Haden too.

Maybe we can hook up, and shoot together if I get to make it.

Rick

EDIT:
              P.S.

Put your name in your profile, and you won't confusing us old fellers so much.
              Sounds good, and yeah I should put that name in there, just never think about it

Comment

I actually don't remember the spinning turkey shot. (kinda sorta)

I've shot so many tournaments with novelty shots of one kind or another, that they kind of all start to run together over the years, plus I'm getting old. LOL

I do know, that many years ago I was shooting my 98# Martin recurve.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for posting this Jerome! I'm gonna try to make this one, seeing how it is one of the closer ones to me now!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Thanks for posting this Jerome! I'm gonna try to make this one, seeing how it is one of the closer ones to me now!

Bisch
                    Now I know I'm gonna try to be there for sure.

Rick

Comment

Bumping it up for a reminder

Comment

I'm hoping to make this one.

Comment

I have every intention of making this shoot. Thanks for the notice Jerome.

Comment

You guys who have never shot the Abilene range should really try to make this one. It's a real treat.

Rick

Comment

You guys who have never shot the Abilene range should really try to make this one. It's a real treat.

Rick
                              I think it's the best range in the state.

Comment

Working...
                              X