Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting on the write up

Comment

Sorry guys for the delay. Thursday Morning was full of action as fallow hogs audad and rams came in and fed. As usually the big oryx stayed safely out of bow range by over a hundred yards. I passed on the hogs hoping the oryx would come in but to no avail.

Texas Dall

Couple of Fallows Sparing

After the morning hunt Ryan and I move 200 yards across the field to where the oryx had been feeding the evening before. We built a ground blind and would return in the evening.

I settled in the blind around 4:30 and had several whitetail does and 2 fallow bucks come to within 35 yards. Around 6:00 I saw two oryx horns coming up over the hill straight toward me. I moved lower in the blind and turned on my video camera. The oryx causously made his way to 35 yards and turned broadside. I drew and settled the pin center on his chest and released. I am not sure what happened but the arrow was way low and slightly back. Blood was immediantly visable but I knew the shot was not a good one. The oryx stopped at 70 yards in the field, I quickly nocked another arrow and settled my 60 yard pin a little high. The shot struck him low in the shoulder and with the quartering to angle looked to be perfect. We gave him 1 hours and found him about 200 yards from the second shot. He is absolutely huge. 37 1/2 inches on both sides with 7 inch bases.

37 inch oryx bull

Comment

man those are two awesome trophies!

Comment

That is awesome congratulations

Comment

That looks like an awesome hunt, congrats.

Comment

congrats. You have definitely put some great animals on the ground.

Comment

Man thats a great trip! Kudos to you!!!

Comment

Congrats man, you have put down some incredible animals.

Comment

Nice... Now the Taxi bills

Comment

Thanks guys. I have friday mornings hunt to report on. I will post about it shortly.

Comment

After a late night of skinning quartering and caping the oryx. Friday morning came early. I met up with Ryan at 6am and we decide to try a different ladder stand inside the woods. After getting set up I had several fallow deer and a group of five 40-100lb hogs to come into the feeder. I held out for a shot at the largest spotted hog and the shot never presented itself. the hogs left. About an hour later 3 piglets came in with the smallest hog of the previous group. I decided to take the shot. At 25 yards the shot was perfect and the hog dropped immediantly. With the feeder cleared out I waited for an hour and noticed a large herd of rams moving across the nearby field about 400 yards away. I got down moved the hog to some shade. Grabbed my bow, camera and tripod and decided to try a stalk. around 45 minutes later and after about 600 yards I finally got in range of the majority of the herd. Two large dalls were near the back and I struggled to determine the biggest. One seemed to be much longer and wider, the other was heavier and tighter but seemed to be several inches shorter. Going with my gut I settled the 30 yard pin on the narrower heavy ram and let the arrow fly. The result was impressive to say the least. The arrow entered perfect quartering away and took out the heart and lungs. The ram went less than 10 yards and died in less than 7 seconds. The video proved to be spectacular. As I walked up to the dead ram I was amazed. The mass had completly fooled me. The ram was much longer, much wider, and much much more massive than I had thought. He measure 36" on each side and had bases that taped out at ll inches and he carries his mass throughout. Score does not make a trophy but his is quite astonishing I scored him at 141 &6/8 inches which would put him at #7 all time with a bow.

Monster Spotted Hogs

Fallow deer and piglets

My second hog of the trip

Huge 36" Texas Dall

Overall the hunt was incredible I took 5 animals in 5 settings. The sika is 2 inches from being gold medal, the oryx is just above gold medal, and the dall is over 15 inches above gold medal. This is incredable considering the inexpensive price of hunting this ranch. I was able to capture all 5 kills on video and could not have had a better time.

Comment

All impressive animals. That Texas Dall is super! Congrats! Are you going to post the videos?

Comment

I will have to upload and edit them and will post them. It will probably be a few days before they are up.

Comment

Awesome dall he's got many impressive ones out there

Comment

Wow great kills.

Comment

Working...
                                X