Headless Snake Bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headless Snake Bite

Yep. Don't mess with the head even if its dead.

Holy crap 26 doses. That's crazy!

Comment

I heard that on the radio yesterday. 26 doses when a "normal" bite takes 2-4 doses of antivenom."

Comment

12k per dose

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          12k per dose
          Dadgum! When I got bit last summer by a copperhead, it was $27k for 4 doses of Crofab. That didn’t include the ER or hospital stay. Just the anti venom!

Comment

Why would anyone pick up the severed head with their hand??? Can’t fix stupid

Comment

When I got bit it was only about 2.5k per dose

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Dadgum! When I got bit last summer by a copperhead, it was $27k for 4 doses of Crofab. That didn’t include the ER or hospital stay. Just the anti venom!
                I know, strange how your bite disproved the "professional courtesy" rule.....

A cut off rattlesnake head will delivery the worst possible bite. Its a slow and deliberate nerve reaction bite that gives the victim every drop of venom. There's no quick strike and recoiling for another bite with a dose of venom. You'll have to pry the head off with a screw driver or your fingers. And I've found a head that's been cut off can bite up to 6hrs after its been cut off.

When I was cutting and skinning them to make some belts I had one reach up and over trying to bite my hand as I laid a pair of scissors on the counter top. I had left about 1" of the body with the head and this was enough to give the head enough leverage to turn 90°. After this happened I made sure I cut just their heads off and turned the head upside down on the counter until I finished cutting rattlesnakes. At which time I used salad tongs to put them upside down in a coffee can for disposal.
                Last edited by Thumper; 06-07-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  I know, strange how your bite disproved the "professional courtesy" rule.....

A cut off rattlesnake head will delivery the worst possible bite. Its a slow and deliberate nerve reaction bite that gives the victim every drop of venom. There's no quick strike and recoiling for another bite with a dose of venom. You'll have to pry the head off with a screw driver or your fingers. And I've found a head that's been cut off can bite up to 6hrs after its been cut off.

When I was cutting and skinning them to make some belts I had one reach up and over trying to bite my hand as I laid a pair of scissors on the counter top. I had left about 1" of the body with the head and this was enough to give the head enough leverage to turn 90°. After this happened I made sure I cut just their heads off and turned the head upside down on the counter until until I finished cutting rattlesnakes. At which time I used salad tongs to put them in a coffee can upside down for disposal.
                  Burn them!!!! Burn them to the ground!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                    12k per dose
                    Yep!

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                    When I got bit it was only about 2.5k per dose

That's because today we're still living under the obamacare ponzi scheme.

Comment

Thats crazy. Pure evil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never trust a snake of any kind! $#it happens quick!

Comment

Bet that was a suprise. Nothing like a set of fangs hittin meat to wake you up.

It can happen quick.

Comment

Happened to a friend of mine who was biologist on the King Ranch. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Thats why I don't touch them with anything but a shotgun

Comment

Working...
                              X