Spring creek fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring creek fishing

I live around 99 and the hardy and drive over spring creek every day. I’d like to start fishing it for catfish and was hoping that someone here had some tips. I’m completely new to fishing streams and rivers. Also what water levels for this stream is it even worth trying as it is marginally higher than normal due to recent rainfall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard of some people catching fish. Mainly catfish and a few bass. Not sure on baits but I’d start with nightcrawlers and maybe a few soft optics and see how you do. I live off spring cypress and 249 so I’m familiar with the area you are talking about. I you ever wanna meet up and wet a hook let me know. I have a plethora of soft plastics and you’d be welcome to using any of mine you’d like.

Comment

We catch catfish in spring creek just using good ol chicken liver on the bottom. Try to find a deep hole or deeper side of creek from where you standing. Cast and wait. No science involved.

Comment

Interesting. I drive up and down that road every day as my company has been contracted to do all the fiber/electrical work. In fact, we just installed a half mile bore beneath the Spring Creek. I've always wondered the same in regards to fishing. Good luck!

What I do know is that the area is covered in WT in the early AM. I've heard of some monster bucks near the Airport!

Comment

You mean here off of Riley Fuzzel?

I take my kids there all the time.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you do Facebook there is a group called spring creek and cypress creek fishing lots of good info.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Interesting. I drive up and down that road every day as my company has been contracted to do all the fiber/electrical work. In fact, we just installed a half mile bore beneath the Spring Creek. I've always wondered the same in regards to fishing. Good luck!

What I do know is that the area is covered in WT in the early AM. I've heard of some monster bucks near the Airport!

140’s and 150’s

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                140’s and 150’s

Compared to where I hunt, that's still a "monster" Lol

Comment

140’s and 150’s

I can neither confirm nor deny a deer closer to 170 being taken over there in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I can neither confirm nor deny a deer closer to 170 being taken over there in that area

I absolutely believe that. I know where one that will probably go 155-160 lives. And he will most likely die of old age. Lol. Or hit by a car

Comment

I’ve heard of some people catching fish. Mainly catfish and a few bass. Not sure on baits but I’d start with nightcrawlers and maybe a few soft optics and see how you do. I live off spring cypress and 249 so I’m familiar with the area you are talking about. I you ever wanna meet up and wet a hook let me know. I have a plethora of soft plastics and you’d be welcome to using any of mine you’d like.

Thanks! I might take you up on that!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                        You mean here off of Riley Fuzzel?

I take my kids there all the time.

That’s the spot! Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                          If you do Facebook there is a group called spring creek and cypress creek fishing lots of good info.

Awesome, I’ll check it out.

The deer around here always surprise me for their size and if you wake up early enough to see them this area is completely covered in pigs.

Comment

I love spring and cypress creek, have spent many days and nights pulling fish out of there. Awesome crappie and white bass fishing as well as some monster catfish. You want some big catfish from there don’t go small on bait, a 3 pound blue will swallow a 5 inch live perch like nothing. We use the biggest perch we can get or catch, and also use live bullheads with the fins clipped.

Comment

Working...
                            X