No announcement yet.

Trip to Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Bros BBQ in Atlanta is good BBQ. Get some of the smoked wings if you go.

Comment

well from the sounds of it, i'm gonna need to take an appetite and my AR15 with plenty of ammo!!!

Comment

I'm no help....

I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta, most of which was spent looking for the exit.

Comment

College Football Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
            well from the sounds of it, i'm gonna need to take an appetite and my AR15 with plenty of ammo!!!
            It's a 3rd world country once you leave Texas

Comment

The Varsity is a tradition for the Georgia Tech and downtown crowd.

Comment

Don't waste your time or belly room at the Varsity. I'll eat it once a year just because.

As mentioned above, check out Fox Brother's BBQ. Excellent food.
                Community BBQ on Clairmont Rd in Decatur is excellent.
                Old Hickory House BBQ at Northlake is excellent.
                The Golden Buddha on Clairmont has excellent Chinese grub.

Blind Willys in the Virginia Highlands is a great blues club. If Luther "Houserocker" Johnson is playing do not miss it.

Also, as mentioned above, the Busy Bee is(I haven't been there in 25 years) excellent soul food. When I was stationed at Firehouse #9 on MLK we would take the rescue there and get grub to go. Top notch.

The new Braves stadium is supposed to be awesome according to my daughter. I gave up on the Braves when they tore ATL-Fulton Co stadium down in the 90's. I'm still ****** about that.

The Cheetah III is cool if you like neekid women. I was a bartender there in the mid 80's. My exwife was a dancer. Never marry a stripper.

Another already mentioned is Stone Mountain. It is(or was) a Confederate war memorial. The carving is beautiful. The laser show is cool and when they end it with American Trilogy I get choked up.

Atlanta has changed a lot since I retired from the AFD in 2000. There is supposed to be a lot of neat new stuff(Krog Street Market for example) but I usually only make it in to town to go to the airport, eat or see my attorneys(they actually turned me on to Fox Brothers). Back in my day the ATL was a ghost town after dark and on weekends. Not it's like a real city and the younger folks love it.

Comment

Be careful on that bike

Comment

That traffic in Atlanta is a nightmare be careful!

Comment

Vicksburg on the way if you are into civil war battlefields. Speeds are 70 mph once you leave Texas.

Comment

It's been 12 years, but when I went the aquarium was legit. Coke museum was an Ok time, and you can always go root against the braves at a ballgame.

Comment

We are going to. My son wanted to go to the blade show for his graduation trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                            We are going to. My son wanted to go to the blade show for his graduation trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            COOL!! I've wanted to go for years but always found a reason NOT to...i booked a hotel in January to help make myself go this year!ha I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks guys! This will be my 1st long ride I've had since my riding partner had his wreck. (We used to go to Colorado every year and went to Black Hills, SD a couple years ago.) I don't ride near as often without him, so I wanna make this trip and see if this is something I want to keep doing or if it's time to sell it...

I appreciate everyone's help!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              That traffic in Atlanta is a nightmare be careful!
                              That is the reason I don't go down there much. The traffic is still bad at 0200 on 285. Crazy.

OP, check out Oakland Cemetery if you're into such things. It's an old Civil War era cemetery. Cabbage Town is right next store. My name is on a plaque there somewhere due to combat firefighting at the Cabbage Town mill conflagration.

Comment

For anyone else that didn't know what the blade show is.

I assumed it was either a knife show or an acronym for something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X