do you keep a "go" bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you keep a "go" bag?

I have 2 (of sorts) one is a non-shtf bag, some sort of storm, fire, etc, but temporary and local. There's no such thing as a crisis without pos's trying to prey on people and property, so NVD goggles, the passive IR scanner. the soft armor and solar charger get added to the "basic kit" (ie, cover, water carrier and treatment, extra clothing, l lb of food, a quart of water, E tool, saw blades, Crunch multitooll, cordage, pack, fire-kit, etc.) I EDC a pistol, spare mag of ammo, a folder, and a AA light. So that's all going along. Total about 24 lbs, including the personal documents.

then there's the "end of the world" additions, the rifle, ammo, sling, bipod, scope, 3 more lbs of food, 2 qts more water, etc, which is another 20 lbs.
    Wife has her basic bag, and her EDC pistol. She's petite, so that's all she can handle. When her daughter gets here from Phills, the moutainbike will have to go along, with about another 70 lbs added to the 30 lbs that will be coming off of my back, the rifle spring-clamped to the handlebars, while we walk alongside of it, and push it. Maybe one of us can rest and coast on the downhills. Kid needs a bike anyway and there's no need to go very far, just out of this floodplain to where the caches are.

Not really, my truck is a traveling go bag. Just need to run through Whataburger and I'm good to go.......

Comment

I guess I am slow today. What is an EDC pistol?

Comment

No. Im just gonna smoke weed and look for the big flash!

Comment

I guess you dont recall the jammed highways that went with the two hurricanes, Rita and Katrina?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
            Almost like EODC.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post

Everyday carry.

Comment

Keep a pistol in the truck, misc half empty water bottles and usually snacks from my daughters grab an go. I can be at the house from many different routes in less than 20 min, grab stuff from the safe and head to property thats 10 miles down the road, cabin, tank, campers, generator etc, plenty of cattle if it goes that long.

Comment

I'm pretty sure my truck has everything I need in it to survive. If not it has guns and ammo for sure so I will just need to find someone more prepared like you to knock off.

Comment

I keep a smaller bag in the truck. Basic med kit, some chest seals, quick clot, Sam splint, Israelis bandages, 3 extra mags for the pistol, several knifes, binos, solar charger, a handful of msc medical supplies; blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, cpr masks, staple gun, roll of 550 cord, a handful of carabiners, 2 flashlights, map, compass, extra watch, and a few other things.

I have another bag next to the safe and that’s the full on bug out bag. Small bag is to get my house. Big bag is to get us to our spot. Rifle, lots of ammo, more med supplies, better map, another compass, GPS device, sling bow, snares, saw, rope, food, water, batteries, lights, digger solar spread for charging batteries. Things like that. I constantly add and subtract stuff. Keep batteries rotated so they aren’t all dead when you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure my truck has everything I need in it to survive. If not it has guns and ammo for sure so I will just need to find someone more prepared like you to knock off.
                      This answer always cracks me up. So Joe redneck is going to just knock off the dude that is prepared, bunkered up, and actually trains with his weapon regularly specifically for that situation? Good luck with that. My answer is always bring it dude I shoot back and probably better than you do.

Not a knock at you in particular but every guy I know that says this type of response is a mall ninja that wouldn't last 2 days without power.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                        This answer always cracks me up. So Joe redneck is going to just knock off the dude that is prepared, bunkered up, and actually trains with his weapon regularly specifically for that situation? Good luck with that. My answer is always bring it dude I shoot back and probably better than you do.

Not a knock at you in particular but every guy I know that says this type of response is a mall ninja that wouldn't last 2 days without power.

Kill the electricity and 50% of America woukd be dead in 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Kill the electricity and 50% of America woukd be dead in 30 days.
                          Yessir. I bet it's higher than 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

The majority of people that "prep" are goobers. It's good to have some supplies in case something happens, but the "SHTF scenarios" they're prepping for are far fetched.

Comment

30 days without power most would starve. Amazes me the number of 20 year olds we hire that have no idea how to cook anything without a microwave. Also wo t know the difference in a pipe wrench and a screwdriver.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X