Question about getting busted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about getting busted.

When you're in the stand and you get busted by a single deer, do you figure your hunt is ruined and all the deer in the area know to stay away or do you wait and see if something else comes in?

Wait!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stay put unless the wind is wrong

Comment

Won’t see anything for sure up at camp. Wait it out.

Comment

I laugh when one throws a fit, and stay put.
          Think of this way
          A deer 200yds away or even 100 yds away has no idea why someone is throwing a fit so they look around to see why. If they don't see anything they go about their business.
          I always figure the deer I want to kill is still on his way in so I'm not leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            This^^^^^^^

Comment

Ive had a spooked, snorting, stomping doe bring in a rutting buck once. I'd stay.

Comment

Guess it depends on where you are hunting and what the deer numbers are like. I will stay put and usually have deer back in sight within 30 minutes or so.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  Agreed.
                  I've always wanted to "quieten" her, but never had a rifle.....

Comment

Unless the wind is wrong I keep hunting. I also kill that guard doe as quickly as I can if I have a tag. If not she will bust you every time .

Comment

Well, I stayed and had 2 bucks come in within 30 minutes. One was a shooter but never presented a good shot. He stayed on the far side of the stand and fill feeder. Hopefully next time.

Comment

Stay. Years ago I was sitting in a stand, watching a group of five or six does piddling around the corn when another deer blows, back in the brush. That deer sounded off three or four times, of course all the deer at the corn scrambled out of the clearing, and then this shifty old doe prances into the clearing, pleased as punch with herself, blows twice more, and then started shoveling up the corn. Smart old hag cried wolf because she didn’t want to share. It was early season, I had been waiting on a buck to show up, but she went home with me.

Comment

There's so many deer at my place it's almost impossible to not have a couple that are spooked for whatever reason. It's almost desensitized them though. I'll have a doe in full blow mode and half a dozen others just ignoring her and coming in to corn.

Comment

They blow at yotes and pigs too. I don't pay any attention to it unless one deliberately goes downwind and keeps it up.

Comment

Shoot the narc and wait for more deer
                              The squeaky wheel always needs greased
                              Snitches get whacked

Comment

Working...
                              X