Tell/Show Me The Best Feeder On The Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    See post #9 Mudslinger. I'd like to know your opinion if you are familiar with both of them.
    I have not seen that feeder in person so I cannot compare the 2.

Comment

This was my first season with these feeders and had no problems with the cows or hogs and everyone worked fine through out the season.

Comment

Imo it would be Lamco and Ranch King.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

TJ our of Comfort.

Comment

I picked up a Lamco low & throw last year great feeder. I have 5 of the Lamco econo feeders some are 6 + years old been great feeders also but I sure like not needing a ladder or tractor bucket to fill the low & throw.

Comment

Texas Wildlife Supply gets my vote. Outback also makes some dang good feeders.

Comment

Check out Cox Deer Feeders. They use to be out of Livingston and have now moved to Wimberley.

Comment

These are great and if anything ever goes wrong they'll fix/replace it for free. I haven't had to bring one in yet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tell/Show Me The Best Feeder On The Market

We switched to Spin Tech 2 years ago and they have been great. They are a 55gal crank up hanging feeder so no need for ladder, the spinner is actually varmint proof when it spins the slinger plate drops down then when it stops it slams shut so there is no gap between the plate and the funnel on bottom of the barrel. We don’t run any kind of cage around ours and haven’t had any lose of corn due to coons or squirrels. They are set up with a solar panel ready to go just hook up a batter and fill. We bought 8 of them from Lowe’s ( local supermarket/hardware store in Johnson city) and paid $380 each and they came with a 12v battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Low and Throw puts very little corn outside my feed pens. My pens are made with eight panels so they’re only about 40’ across.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        No one use winch up feeders? That's all I use. Easy to fill. Cows never mess with them. Raccoons sometimes climb all the way up but never enough to be a problem.
                        I built two three years ago for Trinity Co. and I just replaced one with the Lamco. Twice as much corn and a lot easier to fill. I’m usually doing that alone and at my age easy feels better.

Comment

I haven't had a Lamco, but I have 3 Ultramatic feeders with the ladders as one of the legs that have been running since 1998, though I switched the motor on 1 of them. I've only had my ASF 600 stand/fill for a year, but so far it's been absolutely flawless. I even hit the varmint cage with a .308 pass-through on a buck and it took it and smiled. Small dent, bullet exploded.

Comment

been extremely happy with these:

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                              I make my own from a 55 gallon drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Where did you get this bracket. I was looking at putting one up in a tree. Thanks

Comment

Some pretty good ideas up there. Not sure which direction I'm going to go on this, but a lot of good info so far.

Thanks,

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X