No announcement yet.

Got sick from cleaning a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you got it from the deer. yes you can pick up nasty stuff from cleaning animals... but they don't hit you as quick as you describe. You both likely were exposed to some stomach bug at the same time and came down with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Gets my vote--and buy a kevlar glove for the non-knife hand.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnp...%20-%20Product
      But it's hard to eat a sammich with gloves on.
      I'm always hungry when cleaning animals. LOL

Comment

Broke back ranch + kissed in the stand + both got the flu = mystery solved!!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          So your saying this in an urgent matter, and you're looking for an immediate cure?
          ABSOLUTELY!!! Ha

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            You guys kissed in the stand. Admit it.
            Hahahahahaha

Comment

These responses sure took a turn. I’m afraid to share my experience. I was in the hospital for a week and a half in November. First time in the hospital since I had tubes I’m my ears 40 years ago. Long story short, I was cleaning a blackbuck when I cut into the stomach. It popped and I got stomach fluid in my mouth. Three days later I was admitted to the ER. Vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach pain. I was on antibiotics, colon cleanse and all sorts of things to kill the infection. I clean 10+ deer or more a year for friends and never had anything like this.

So - my answer is yes, you can get sick from cleaning deer.

Comment

Brokeback deer hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                  These responses sure took a turn. I’m afraid to share my experience. I was in the hospital for a week and a half in November. First time in the hospital since I had tubes I’m my ears 40 years ago. Long story short, I was cleaning a blackbuck when I cut into the stomach. It popped and I got stomach fluid in my mouth. Three days later I was admitted to the ER. Vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach pain. I was on antibiotics, colon cleanse and all sorts of things to kill the infection. I clean 10+ deer or more a year for friends and never had anything like this.

I'm already wearing gloves, now I need a SARS mask too !

Comment

Maybe it was from the sword fight y’all had in the blind ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough crowd here.

Comment

Likely just a stomach bug.

Comment

Never got sick from cutting up a deer, and I’ll even slice off a little sashimi to chew on while I’m working. It’s kinda become a tradition for me, after I filet off the first backstrap I’ll take a little notch off the cut side of the strap, and enjoy it while I filet off the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post

I am guessing that left a taste in your mouth that did not go away for a while. Never had that happen, I will try to remember that one. I am always the one that has the crazy stuff like that happen to.

Comment

I have never had any problems from gutting or butchering any animals, as far as I know. I know twice I got extremely sick after eating rabbit, I refuse to eat rabbits anymore, same ranch both times. Rabbits are safe when I am around now, I used to kill a lot of rabbits, have not killed a single rabbit in over 20 years.
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-09-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The CDC is going to want to know who was the spooner and who was the spoonee...

and no, I've never gotten sick from watching other people clean my deers.

Comment

Working...
                                X